Finally Earned my Triple Crown!

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Finally Earned my Triple Crown!

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:53 pm

After 3 years of fishing the lake, only recently have I started targeting the SMB, but never could get all three of the bass on the same day, until today. 8) I first scored a 2 lb. 7 oz. peacock bass on a nest. I didn't think to take a pic of it. I then scored a LMB using a spinner bait.

I decided to try for the ultra rare SMB and headed to "Area X". After only a few cast with a Baby Brush Hog, my journey was complete!

This is my 4th SMB, but the first time catching all three in one day. For such a simple little accomplishment, it sure put a big smile on my face. I ended up catching 5 LMB, one SMB, and one PB.

BTW, there was NO SCHOOLING fish in all the areas I usually find them! Go figure!

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Postby Filthyfisherman » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:43 pm

Good Job!!! You looked like you were trying do something different today, one reason I turned around...

Crash
King Sushi level

Postby Crash » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:19 am

Nice work...congrats on the Triple Crown.
Crash

skunked
King Sushi level

Postby skunked » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:08 am

Congrats Tommy! Are they still growing carnations up there in Whitmore next to the north fork? The road starts right off of Circle Mauka St. I got chased out of there so many times in my youth by both people and dogs!
Fishing is fun only if you do it for fun.Image www.texassidewinderrods.com

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:48 am

Thanks guys.

Hey Filthy, next time stop by and talk story for a bit. I saw you guys pulling your boat on Moanalua Frwy. last Wed. I think it was.

Skunked, that flower farm shut down. Now another one has started. Owners are real cool with me allowing me unlimited access to the farm.

Return to “Fishing Reports”