Wilson Triple Crown

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Pegasus
King Sushi level

Wilson Triple Crown

Postby Pegasus » Sat May 28, 2011 7:22 pm

Hit the lake early in search of the Triple Crown. Dream on ! Couldn't even find a tuc. No busting fish. The tucs along the bank just cruised away from my offerings. Put on a small white popper and picked up a little largemouth along the grass.

Decided to head to the north fork and try to pick up the smallmouth. I have never caught a smallmouth in the lake. Untill today ! Picked up this little guy on live bait.

Two down, one to go. Should be easy from here on out. Headed back to the dam area in search of my tuc. Spotted a small female on the nest, but no luck. Worked the bank and saw a nice one come out behind a log and grab my bait and head off to the deep. Two seconds later, he snapped me off on a branch. Tied on another hook and kept working the bank. Finally picked up this tuc and completed my first Triple Crown ! Not a bad way to start the summer. A big mahalo to my net man and photographer Luke.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sat May 28, 2011 8:17 pm

Congratulations!!!! 8) What a sweet goal to meet on such a tough day of fishing. After I saw you, I picked up a 1 1/2 lb. LMB along Kincaid's and a Tuc near Paperbark. I tried and tried for a smallie in area X as well but no dice. It will make earning the coveted Triple Crown title that much more sweet WHEN I finally earn it. Again, cangrats!

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Sat May 28, 2011 9:25 pm

yep congrats on the wilson triple crown, ite even sweeter considering how tuff the fishing was!!

Crash
King Sushi level

Postby Crash » Sat May 28, 2011 10:33 pm

Welcome to the club.....nice work dude. Congrats!
Crash

Return to “Fishing Reports”