sat 4/23 report

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

sat 4/23 report

Postby BASSTRACKER » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:51 pm

started out fishing near the ramp waiting for a friend to show ( he never did) started out pretty good with 2 lmb just putting around the corner. one on a creature bait the other on a buzzfrog. had an enormous blowup on the frog that had to have been a very angry tuc but he missed it, did get the heart racing though. after that i moved down toward the main basin and it got much slower for fish. the water was much less stained up on southfork and the main basin and northfork were very stained at maybe 6in or less visibility. the fish were not were i was looking, or at least not were they were last weekend. got real tuff for awhile then i started running and gunning with a crankbait and started to do much better, guess i will have to put the soft plastics away for a bit. got a couple of tucs and a few 1lb lmbs and did manage to get 3 nice 2- 2.9lb lmbs by days end, mixed lures and no real set location, they seemed to be quite dispersed. got one with a tag for you stan a 17in 2.1lb lmb with the tag number 3897. caught off the saddle at kemoo island with a carolina rig.think thats the right number the tag was pretty messed up and hard to read. lots of shore fisherman and new boats out today, guess word has spread about the lakes comeback. of course the downside is that some newbs will inadvertantly cross your T when your fishing a point and literally run your line over then wave and smile and of course the 200ft or line they have out behind them will snag your lower unit and drag you sideways onto the bank till you cut thier lines!! but at least they have the giant fish story about the one that got away seeing as they didnt even seem to realize they were fighting a boat and not lake monster.

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:41 pm

I have a bit of a love hate relationship with the buzzz frog. I love catching em on it, but man do I miss a lot of fish too. I think if I didn't rig it weedless I'd probably hook more fish, but I coudnt cast it into the places the fish are.....gotta pick my poison. It seems like I mostly miss tucs on it as well. I did best with a crankbait last Sunday when the water clarity was really bad as well...chartruse spinnerbait also worked well while I was fishin in the "mud".

nuki
angler level

50+ day

Postby nuki » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:00 am

It started slow and very windy. However, I was lucky to see the bursting which last for about one hour and half. Mostly caught with lipless crank and crank (vibration/ rattle) since the water was muddy.

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:21 pm

Basstracker...
I'll send the information to Annette and get back to you.

Stan
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:52 am

:D
Here is the information about that largemouth bass you caught...
Tag # 3897, 17 inches, 2.1 pounds, caught at the Saddle...
Stan

Hi Stan,

That fish was originally caught on 5/16/2008 by Mike Leong. It was 13 inches at that time and was tagged and released at Morgan's Point. According to my growth chart, the growth is pretty normal. This one seems to be doing well and finding enough food.

Thanks for the data!

Annette
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:50 pm

thanks stan good to know the little guy is doing well, he seemed pretty healthy.

Return to “Fishing Reports”