Friday Morning. April, 1st.

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Friday Morning. April, 1st.

Postby Stan Wright » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:34 pm

Chris said the fish were schooling this morning... When the sun came out everything stopped. When the sun went back behind the clouds the action started again.

Even with all the fish busting the surface... the more experienced angler,(read better caster) caught the most fish.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

LCPointer
master baiter level

Postby LCPointer » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:48 pm

The fish must have felt some pity for this poor old amateur because by the end of the day I had 64 tucs, 2 largemouth and 1 bluegill. I fished next to Chris for half the morning.

fisher dude
King Sushi level

Postby fisher dude » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:26 pm

The tucs must have been full from the morning fished by the dam in the evening and the busts were weak hung out for about two hours not much was happening! Were you guys in the main basin or more up by boyscout island?

LCPointer
master baiter level

Postby LCPointer » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:39 pm

OK...I'll let the cat out of the bag.

Most of the schooling was between the county yard and the Masonic temple. It slowed way down by 10 AM. Had to beat the banks after that or do a lot of waiting for the next bust. Now that you know where it is, save some for me tomorrow if you beat me there. :D

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:51 pm

Sounds like a great day!!! Too bad it was my first day back at work in 2 weeks :( sounds like I might have to "sneek" out this weekend.

Going to the early shift next week...if I bring the boat to work I should be able to get on the lake by 115pm! Fish till 5 or 6 and hopefully catch the evening bite and some good schooling. Taking out a friend from work..he's been wanting to go for awhile now but I usually just go whenever I can...don't really make plans. I have so much stuff to do before I transfer in May...but all I want to do is fish! I'm really excited to fish the mainland lakes again (get back to my largemouth roots) ...but I'm sure I will miss the heck out of Wilson when I'm there. Although there won't be any tucs I'm hoping some schooling stripers will fill their void when I want some pure thrills fishing. Tucs remind me a lot of the way stripers school.

skunked
King Sushi level

Postby skunked » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:42 am

You're the man Glenn!!! Must have been all smiles all day!
Fishing is fun only if you do it for fun.Image www.texassidewinderrods.com

LCPointer
master baiter level

Postby LCPointer » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:52 am

It was one of those magic days. No skill required. The tucs were eating anything that moved within range. Could have caught more if I didn't have to keep re-tying. Got broke off three times in spite of re-tying. I guess that's the curse of fishing with 4# test line. I enjoy fishing ultra light and don't feel I need to winch the fish in with 50# braid like the pros do.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:35 am

That does sound like a great day of fishing. The most I've ever caught was 63, and that was on a point using live bait!

If all you guys go crowding County yard to Masonic Lodge and don't catch a thing, don't be surprised. Thats fishing! Whats a diamond one day could be a lump of coal the next.

Last edited by roadwarriorsvt on Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:35 am

Like I said... a good caster.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

fisher dude
King Sushi level

Postby fisher dude » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:37 am

Thanx for the info maybe check Monday morning. Let the weekend guys have at it! :D

LCPointer
master baiter level

Postby LCPointer » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:12 pm

As Roadwarrior said...lump of coal on Saturday morning. Very little busting in the same area, at least while I was there. There was more schooling around Boy Scout Island. The fish were doing that one second bust and disappear thing. Even if there was a sustained bust and I managed to be in the right place, they weren't committing. Caught most of my fish pounding the banks.

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:40 am

The peacock bass do move around...
One of the first PB that I tagged was a 12 inch one tagged at the County Yard.... it was caught 3 days later at Morgans Pt.
I don't know how far it is... but it's a lot of travel for a little 12 inch fish in a very short time.

See Map... the Peacock Bass traveled from "F" to "X"....

Return to “Fishing Reports”