2-13-11 Sunday Report

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

2-13-11 Sunday Report

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:36 pm

Fished from about noon till 5ish. Ended up catching 5 of the standard dink LMB. Two on a lipless crank, two on a white spinner, and one on a purple worm rigged Carolina. No two in the same area either. First one on Kunia Point, one over the flats by Kemoo Is., one by the old bridge pilons, and one near the end of the north fork. Can't remember where I caught the other one. :oops:

marcusn
King Sushi level

Postby marcusn » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:12 pm

i guess lmb are the fish to catch these days. when does the peacock bite kick in?

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:28 pm

Basically in the summer when the water warms up. They will be spawning in April/May +/- a month or two. After they recover from the spawn, they'll be biting alot better.

skunked
King Sushi level

Postby skunked » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:54 am

Good job! Hey, 5 dinks are better than 0 dinks or even worse, having to work! Is that a Red Eye Shad? Have you tried the Xcalibur XRK25 one knocker? Similar, but less noise in the water. Seems to work good and even the 1/4 oz size can cast almost 50 yards!
Fishing is fun only if you do it for fun.Image www.texassidewinderrods.com

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:44 am

Good eye Skunked! I tried to get my sister-in-law to get it when she was near a BPS in CA but no dice. My wife got me some Plano type tackle storage containers and a few lures, one being the Red Eyed Shad!

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:28 pm

I love those red eye shad too!! Looks like maybe the citrus shad or sexy shad? The chrome sexy shad is a good one for Wilson I got 4 awhile back and hadn't used them. Then I tried them out one day and started getting nailed on them. Caught like 6 or 7 in about 20 or 30 minutes..I was using the 1/2 oz. When I ordered my loomis cranking stick I also loaded up on the red eye shads I think I got like 25 of them lol! I think they have a tighter wobble then most other lipless cranks. Can't wait for the tucs to start up again. They like the lipless crankbaits a lot too.

Return to “Fishing Reports”