HFFA-TOC Tournament

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

HFFA-TC
bass level

HFFA-TOC Tournament

Postby HFFA-TC » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:14 pm

We had our Tournament of Champions this weekend and were suprised that the water had cleared up. Nine out of ten qualifiers came out to fish and basically had a nice two day tournament.

Forty seven fish were caught with only three tucs-all in the two pound range. There were fourteen limits(three fish per day) out of a possible seventeen (one guy didn't fish the second day). Twenty seven of the fish were under one pound so the dinks ruled!

The highlight of the tournament were two fish caught by Mike Denny, our newest member.

Okay, I'm having problems loading up my pictures. Can anyone help me? All I get is this:
See you on the Lake

MIKE

HFFA-TC
bass level

Postby HFFA-TC » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:25 pm

Okay, I found it-DUH!!! As usual, it was right in front of my face. I'm having a old man's moment-Sorry!

Anyway, here's Mike's Saturday catch. A nice 5lb 6.5oz bass.

And Sunday was even better! A very nice 7lb bass.

I don't usually announce the winner until our Awards Banquet but since he beat second place by over four pounds, I don't think anyone doesn't know who the winner is.
See you on the Lake

MIKE

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:18 pm

Those are the largest bass I've seen landed in a long time. Did he care to share his lure selection? :roll:

fisher dude
King Sushi level

Postby fisher dude » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:42 pm

Holy crap! That's the bass I want to catch I never caught any close to that size! Gives me hope ther is big large mouths!

HFFA-TC
bass level

Postby HFFA-TC » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:16 pm

Mike said he caught the five pounder on a spinnerbait. He didn't say what he caught the seven pounder on. Both were caught in wood. So that narrows it done to half the lake. LOL
See you on the Lake

MIKE

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:35 pm

wow!!!! hell ya!!! thats giving me some serious fishin itchin!! i suspect them large females are moving up to spawn, last year all those 8in bass showed up in april and may which would make em dec-jan hatched by the growth scale. january and cold water temps!! could the spawn be on again!!! this full moon and next months will tell!!! kauis guys were catching big egg laden females too this weekend!

skunked
King Sushi level

Postby skunked » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:24 am

OMG, those are some awesome bass! I haven't seen anything close to 7 lbs since the early 90's! This is exciting news to see that the lake can produce fish like this still. Tucs are a dime a dozen, but bass like these are special. Congratulations to the angler!
Fishing is fun only if you do it for fun.Image www.texassidewinderrods.com

Return to “Fishing Reports”