How's it looking out there?

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

tkki1230
angler level

How's it looking out there?

Postby tkki1230 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:34 pm

Anyone go out today? I was thinking about going out tomorrow, but I wanted to know if the water is wasted from the recent storm.

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:10 pm

According to the chart, the water level only came up about 3 feet...
Water down toward the dam should be clear...
http://waterdata.usgs.gov/hi/nwis/uv/?s ... 0065,00060</h3>/
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:12 pm

I'm gonna give it a try.

unkle brian
angler level

fishing condition December 11

Postby unkle brian » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:38 am

Fishing conditions were great for me and my family. We all had a blast on the lake catching 2 tucs, 2 tilapias, and 19 bass. Except for the tilapias, the average weight of each fish, according to my digital scale, was 2 lbs, +/- 2 ounces. Saw a bunch more tucs schooled up, but they were not interested in what we had to offer. Fish were in excellent shape putting up a fantastic fight for my 2 nephews. Biggest fish was caught by 12 year old nephew and it weight 3 lb. 9 oz. Will try to post a picture later. Lake water clarity was normal (to me), weather was awesome, especially for having that front come thru on Thursday and Friday.

GET OUT AND FISH!

fisher dude
King Sushi level

uncle brian

Postby fisher dude » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:14 pm

wow! great catch whats the secret bait! i seen you folks by morgans every time i seen you folks you were bringing up a largemouth! we picked up about 7 lm bass no tucs seen them sunbathing on logs but no activity. good going! awesome to see the kids were having fun and getting hooked on fishing!

unkle brian
angler level

Postby unkle brian » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:49 pm

It was a blast watching them reel in and catch fish on their own fishing rod. They had VERY big smiles and were really into what they were doing. Fish were hitting rapala shad raps, the 2 inch ones with the shad finish. It was all i had at the time, but it seemed to be the lure of the day for us. Trolled all day and the motor noise didn't seem to bother the fish. They are still talking about the GREAT time they had!

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:09 pm

unkle brian wrote: Fish were hitting rapala shad raps, the 2 inch ones with the shad finish.

Dude! Don't tell anyone about the shad rap. Thats my secret "go to" lure. If the LGM ain't biting that, they ain't biting!" :lol:

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:13 pm

Sun. Evening Report

Got a few hits on a red flat tailed worm. I think most of the LMB were so small, they could only grab the las couple of inches and pull it under. Seems I was pulling it out of their mouth. When I moved to the shorter Baby Brush Hog, I ended up catching a couple of 10-12" ers.[/b]

Return to “Fishing Reports”