What a change .....

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Pegasus
King Sushi level

What a change .....

Postby Pegasus » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:19 pm

Hit the lake Friday afternoon for a few hours with my friend. We threw some more of those big baits and landed five fish. The total weight for the five tucs was just shy of 18 lbs. Nice way to finish off a work week. Luke and I went again on Sunday afternoon. Hit the same spots as Friday and scored four fish. Total weight....... 7 lbs. We saw some huge fish hanging out in the trees, but they would just ignore your bait / lures. There were gangs of tucs between 3 to 5 lbs just cruising around but not biting anything. On Friday, they attacked the bait and today they laughed at it . That is fishing ! But it was a beautiful day to be on the lake !

kahuna bass
King Sushi level

Postby kahuna bass » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:16 pm

Pegasus,

It appears youv'e really come over to the Dark side :twisted:

Fishing those large baits are so exciting. Though, there is always a possiblity a small to mid-size fish will attack and try to swallow your bait.

But chances are, that majority of your fish will be of quality size. Bites tend to be fewer than with the smaller baits, quality counts at the end.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to heading back to the islands in January.

Mel - Kahuna bass
Dark side "big live baiter" :twisted:
If you ain't fish'n, you ain't have'n fun...Got fish!

Pegasus
King Sushi level

Postby Pegasus » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:18 am

I think you have me all wrong ! I started out on the dark side and never left. I love to work a live bait along the edge and have a tuc explode on it. When I first started, I had a kayak. Nobody taught me how to catch my bait, so I just made it up as I went along. I have a tackle box loaded with lures, but I always start with live bait. I throw the bubble rig when that is all they want, but give me a tilapia anyday !

kahuna bass
King Sushi level

Postby kahuna bass » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:41 am

Pegasus,

My bad, what I meant was using the "big baits".

Like you, using live bait works good for searching out the bigger ones. Hand size tilapia is my favorite too.

I still prefer artifical baits, because of their challenges. But something about the look, of a big bait, about to get exploded on by a big fish.

Keep up the good fishing with Luke, and keep the fishing reports coming. I'm living vicariously through your reports :cry: Looking forward to heading back to the islands soon.

Mel - Kahuna bass
Da Kine Live bait!
If you ain't fish'n, you ain't have'n fun...Got fish!

fish4fun
master baiter level

Postby fish4fun » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:03 pm

Yup you've inspired me went and caught some of those 5 band cichlids Sunday and hoping they help me get a big pb to be xtra thankful for this weekend!
Now where dido you say those really big ones were hanging out :wink:
Hope to see you out there on Friday

Float Tube 27
master baiter level

Postby Float Tube 27 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:50 am

Sounds like a lot of fun. I think I will be trying that next.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:39 am

I had an encounter with a monster bass yesterday on a watermelon brush hog using a bullet sinker to keep it on the bottom. A bass hit it and hit it hard. as soon as the drag started singing,.... SNAP!!. That fish was no match for my 10# test line! :shock: I saw it flash about a foot under the surface. Think it was a huge peacock.

Return to “Fishing Reports”