Monday Report

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Monday Report

Postby Ca_Bass » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:03 pm

Fished from about 8-3 didn't catch a single tuc. There was a lot of busting by BSI but most of the time it was out of range, there was a nice school I was working by boy scout island I only had a few cast that were in range and had a couple of missed fish. Was trying to wait for them to come to me and not chase them around then some guy ran his boat through school, right between my boat and the angler on the shore and then they were gone. I understand that at some places in the lake it is fairly narrow but it was not here and it kinda of irritated me they could not have gone to the opposite side from where I was fishing even if there was not a school of fish it would have been rude.

So then I moved on to busting the banks, nothing. Even tried a few different presentations. Then I got hung up after making a couple nice cast to a cherry looking spot and when I moved my boat in I saw 3 nice tucs all looked to be 3+lbs...I had made really nice casts to these fish too! Then I decided to mix it up againg and focused on some largemouth within two casts I caught a nice one that was a solid 4lbs...I wish I had my scale cuz I really wanted to weigh him. But I did measure and take a pic he was 18 inches long and stout...I will post the pic tmw once I get it loaded on my computer. I think I ended up with about 10 or 11 all largemouth most were dinks with a couple decent fish...I would tell what I caught them on and where but I have to keep my mouth shut until after the HFFA tourney
:)
One thing that I found interesting was I'm pretty sure most of the schooling fish I saw were largemouth. I saw a couple come out of the water and was pretty sure they were LGMB. Where is all the crazy schooling tuc action I've come to expect this time of year!?

Later in the day I had a few tucs chase but they just wouldn't commit. Not sure what was up but sounds like guys who fished Sunday had similar experiences.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:33 am

Sounds like a typical day on the lake as of lately,.... unfortunately. I'm wondering why the Tucs aren't scooling also. Many 4-5 busting at the very most. :(

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:41 pm

Here is the pick of the nice LGMB I was fishing alone so I had to take the pick myself with my phone. I wish I could taken a better picture.

HFFA-TC
bass level

Postby HFFA-TC » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:41 pm

Okay Alec, that will be me following you around the lake on Sunday! LOL
See you on the Lake

MIKE

Crash
King Sushi level

Postby Crash » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:15 pm

Great looking fish. Thick body with some nice shoulders on it. Congrats!!
Crash

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:06 pm

i was out monday too, think we were fishing alot of the same areas.the big tucs of the past month were all gone from where id been catching them. schools of little talapias roamed unmolested over most of the banks. there was major busting goin on around boyscout island when i first got down there. many tucs and lots of bass hitting shad. all small in the 1lb and under range. can always tell when the bass would come up, just little pops and splashs. tucs when they bust its slashing thrashing violence.my 5yr old was bored waiting for the next bust so we had to move along before it all ended but the shore guys were doin well.we did get a few before it was time to feed mother goose. i did get my personal best bass of the year. started pounding banks as the deep water wasnt doin it for me and i though i had hung a tree, till it started to swim! then i thought it was a tuc it fought so hard ,but nope i was amazed to haul a 4lb 12ounce bass up,was 21 inchs long and kinda skinny, might have gone over 5 if it was fattened up. shoulda flagged me down got a new shiney boca grip for weighing and a camera for pics!anyways think the small bass were mostly suspended out chasing shad, i didnt catch a single dink after the morning busts.hope it wasnt me that drove your school down i dont think id ever drive between someone casting toward a bank but you never know, if it was ill have to owe you a beer!

skunked
King Sushi level

Postby skunked » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:20 pm

Nice catches, esp. the bass! I haven't caught one in that size range since the mid 1980's! Awesome!
Fishing is fun only if you do it for fun.Image www.texassidewinderrods.com

Float Tube 27
master baiter level

Postby Float Tube 27 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:21 pm

Nice LMB! I hope one of these days I can hook up to one of those one of these days.

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:01 pm

Basstracker you didn't cut me off.....no worries.

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:06 pm

didnt think it was me but it was pretty funny we had the same ideas on where they were at and looked like alomst the same idea on what to throw to get em! oh ya nice boat by the way hahahaha. skunked i think we will have to hook you up one day if for no other reason than to admire your tackle! float tube no worries i stumbled onto that bass quite by accident and luck, spend enough time on the water your bound to get one eventually.

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:30 am

For LMB... fish slow and deep. Plastic worms, grubs, jigs. Points and in the wood.

For PB.... fish it fast... fish close to shore where they are cruising looking for smaller fish to eat. Use lures that look or act like smaller fish.

Or......

"Come over to the Dark Side, Luke... use the live bait".
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:25 pm

Basstracker I like your boat as well :D yeah that area seems to be good for lgm right now, wish the water would go back up so I could find them in more places though I guess it's time to expand my searches.

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:54 pm

yep that areas been getting pounded for sure. i actually have been having luck closer to the ramp. my 4+ lber came just off a tree in less than 6ft of water just past "blue couch" point hahaha although the couch is either under water or floated off. seems they might been moving shallower as the water cools....... bass anyways.

kahuna bass
King Sushi level

Postby kahuna bass » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:50 pm

Ca_Bass,

Excellent bass!!

Kahuna bass!!
Darkside guy
If you ain't fish'n, you ain't have'n fun...Got fish!

Float Tube 27
master baiter level

Postby Float Tube 27 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:26 pm

Nice bass!

Return to “Fishing Reports”