Around the lake - Thursday

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:26 am

There was a little schooling action around BSA Island and down toward the Main Basin.
It was scattered and didn't stay up to long. If you didn't get your lure there within 5 seconds or so... you didn't get bit. If you did there were peacock and largemouth in the 1 to 2 pound range.

Every time we saw splashes along the shoreline and little bait fish jumping onto the dry land, we would go over and cast to the cruising peacock bass. Nice action.

Dusty and I took James out fishing one last time before he heads back to the mainland.

Saw Opie landing fish on Mikimiki Pt... Said he had landed 6 fish over 3 pounds and lost at least 10 that big. (he was using an "Ice fishing" rod loaded with 2# test line) There isn't anything off that point for the fish to get tangled in so you just have to keep the pressure on till the fish tires. Opie was using guppies he catches in Manoa Stream. (mosquito fish)
He's geting his boat running again one of these days, but right now he's just having too much fun fishing from shore.

If you think I'm kidding about his fishing skills... Opie is the guy who use to take people fishing and say: "If you don't catch a peacock bass over 3 pounds today... you don't have to pay. If you do, you pay double!" ( I never heard of him loosing that bet)

James with a big red devil.

Dusty with a schooling size fish.

This 4 1/2 pound Peacock Bass was chasing bait fish along the shore.

James with his first peacock bass of the day.

Schooling size largemouth bass on the "Secret" Seabile lure.

A 3# peacock that was chasing bait along the shore fooled by a gold CastMaster.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

hef
bass level

Postby hef » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:40 pm

Great pics Stan. James wanted me to pass along his thanks again, had a great time.
[url]if[/img]

Crash
King Sushi level

Postby Crash » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:14 pm

Nice looking LMB.....seems that I've seen that lure somewhere before.
Crash

Return to “Fishing Reports”