7-8-10 Report

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

7-8-10 Report

Postby Stan Wright » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:33 pm

Please refer to yesterdays report... "7-7-10 Report"
:twisted:
(no change... bunches of little bluegill and little bass.
No peacock bass... even using live bait.)
:(

An interesting thing though... one of the flyfisherman was using a "green" fly... looked very much like a tiny largemouth bass. Chris said that he was catching way more fish using that "green" fly than the other guy. Chris wants me to tie a dozen flys in that "green, largemouth bass color". :D
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:02 pm

they say the sign of a healthy lake is the amount of fish produced in the spawns,if all these reports with small bass keep goin then maybe that drawdown worked out after all! lets hope this years babies mature into a good supply of 2-3lbers and another couple of strong spawns maybe the lake will turn around!

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:55 pm

I agree. Looks like the bluegill made a spectacular comeback. Hopefully they will be food for the larger bass now.

pogigod
bass level

Postby pogigod » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:46 pm

Didn't see you out there today roadwarriorsvt, I decided to change things up today and go deep, found out my little area is swarming with catfish down in the depths. Got 3, 2-3 lbs cats, and we hooked about 4-5 but they kept wrapping themselves around something in the depths cause kept snaging on the way back up......

Speakin of the spawning, i think its so great this year was due to the fact the water level dropped so low for the nesting, then when they all started hatching the water level rose to the point that all the grass gave the fry cover to grow.. Now they were able to grow past the point that most of the oscars and bass eat them in large numbers, now they only have to watch for the big ones.
0 different species.....

Crash
King Sushi level

Postby Crash » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:24 pm

Nice to hear that the Bluegills are showing up again. Have there been any good sized channel cats caught lately?
Crash

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:31 am

We caught 5 catfish with live bait while trying to catch peacock bass.
Nice fat ones in the 2 to 3 pound range. Caught more catfish than peacocks. :lol:
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Return to “Fishing Reports”