Slammin' Tucs at Freshwater Park

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Salmon_Slayer
angler level

Slammin' Tucs at Freshwater Park

Postby Salmon_Slayer » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:16 pm

Went out again tonight for a few hours with a friend. Night started of good with a largemouth about 14 inches or so. Then we moved and started to slam them. Got a pretty good one on the first cast. Then just about dusk we started to get some bigger ones chasin and then finally they just started to hammer the bait. All lures tonight no live bait. The last one of the evening made a few good rips on the drag before I was able to get him in and get a photo of him.

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:01 pm

you guys shore fishing or out on a boat? was thinking bout taking my son on his first trip but i think a boat trip would be to much.sounds like you guys are living the dream! were that all trips were that good!

fisher dude
King Sushi level

Postby fisher dude » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:38 am

salmon slayer so what did the curly tail rig work for you guys?

Salmon_Slayer
angler level

Postby Salmon_Slayer » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:06 pm

I didnt even touch any plastics. We used just small crankbaits like the size you would use if you went out fishing for perch. Like 1/2 inch long. Really fast retrieves right around the points. And if they chased I whipped it back out again and then they just pounded. Its all about size and retrieve there. Just work the bank and divide your casts like you where cutting a pie along the shore. I think that you boy will have fun even if he doesnt hook it but get to reel it in. The last one made a few good rips on the drag. SOOOOOO MUCH Fun.

Return to “Fishing Reports”