new years eve

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

new years eve

Postby BASSTRACKER » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:29 pm

another finnicky day on the lake,no luck with the bass but had a tuc knock a rebel popper about 2 ft into the air on the 3rd cast along the shoreline.after that it went kinda dead. super clear water maybe 3-4ft visibility down and out from the boat maybe 30ft.cloudy and WINDY damn guy hagi!! no wind for new years eve my ass!!! anyways there were numerous busts around kemo'o island some lasting for several minutes and spanning 20-30ft across! almost always exactly just far enough away to be over by the time you get to it! alot of the busts were very lack luster more like little pops than the usual tuc style slash and kill stuff. i thought maybe they were smaller fish.............. wrong the few i was close enough to get into lemme see 3-4lb tucs rolling on shad! i had numerous hits on a variety of lures and even one monster get the hook and tear out drag before it came off. but they seemed to only wanna kill the lures, not eat em, several times a giant hit took the lure down only to have it float up a split second later,like they were rolling on it. several hours of chasing busts and i gave up, tried alot of other places and lures but to no avail, i left with the busts still happening and several other boats still trying to get em, hope they had better luck!

MichiganMan
angler level

Postby MichiganMan » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:41 am

I was on the water from 11:30 til about 3:00. Caught a few tucs (7) on kastmasters. Biggest went 3lbs. My Buddy did get to catch his first tuc on his first trip on live bait. Thought we were not going to have any luck because the conditions were such crap. Turned out to be a pretty good day. Heading out Saturday so hopefully I'll have some good conditions. [/img]

Return to “Fishing Reports”