tucs

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

fisher dude
King Sushi level

tucs

Postby fisher dude » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:03 pm

Tucs were actually bustin today on the north fork yesterday was not a splash on the lake and today was a different day caught about 12 tucs in about hour fished the same place yesterday and didn't see a fish. I got skunked about the past 4 times I was feeding the fish in the evening and they kept bustin in the middle of the lake I watched for half an hour makin sure they weren't just teasin me finally launched my boat. They weren't bustin after I launched so fished the point and tucs were there. Funny thing two guys were fishing with live bait yesterday and they said they didn't get a bite. Well I'm not saying there biting but ill let u folks know if tomorrow is still biting and not just a fluke!

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:01 pm

Late Sunday afternoon the Tukes were busting around Paper Bark on the South Fork. Shad every where.

One of the first fish I ever tagged was a 12 inch Tuke. Tagged it between Paper Bark and the County Yard..... Three days later it was caught at Morgans Pt. That little guy did some traveling.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:43 am

Thats seems to be par for course. Some days they will be busting/biting like crazy, then you go back the next day and you get skunked!

fisher dude
King Sushi level

no busts

Postby fisher dude » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:34 pm

No action today not a ripple or bite back to getting skunked!

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:19 pm

So tomorrow they should be biting then! I think I see a pattern! :lol:

fisher dude
King Sushi level

Postby fisher dude » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:04 pm

Yeah give. Morgans a try if you go didn't have bait the other day was just using rapala and floater fly.I'm sure there arouund the point especially if u got bait.

wahiawabasshunter
bass level

Postby wahiawabasshunter » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:33 am

Finally got my boat up and runnin and twice now never even a bite..I fished morgans point with live bait (guys you talkin bout with the live bait was probally me in the yellow boat?) And nothing..stayed till late evening thinkin they would be coming but nothing..I didn't just fish live bait I threw almost every lure I had out thereThen went to keemo island and nothing there..the tucs were bustin but in little schools spread out..I feel bad cuz a buddy I met fishin at the ramp didn't catch anything..been telling him for months about how better the fishing was down lake than the ramp..Well he leaves the island Friday so he won't get a chance too see..besides him I been waitin..But I do know the many factors that contribute to good and bad fishing..gonna keep tryin till the day I get my 30+ fish in a day
basshunter ;)

fisher dude
King Sushi level

Postby fisher dude » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:19 pm

hey sorry the advise i gave u guys didnt work out they usually bust there in the evenings but i went the next day and caught a bunch of small tucs at morgans its like nothing at all one day then tucs next day and nothing the next thats fishing i guess they were chasing shad in the middle that was probly why they were there the next day.

wahiawabasshunter
bass level

Postby wahiawabasshunter » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:52 pm

Its all good..Cant blame you for not catchin..Ironically last week when I was at morgans there were tons of schools of shad around there and nothing trying to get them..I aint givin up till I get my 30+ in one day.
basshunter ;)

ssminnow
bass level

Postby ssminnow » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:09 pm

Not much fishing report now days so I will add my two cents.
Went out Friday from 11 to 2. Tucs busting a little at the dam and luckily
caught 2 tucs. Also caught 2 more tucs, 1 bluegill, and 1 redevil near the
shoreline.
Since the water level is so low, the red devil is reappearing.
I saw about 100 redevil in the cove at Mikimiki Flats.
Go get them gang.

Return to “Fishing Reports”