A Different Kind Of Record Today

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

A Different Kind Of Record Today

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:22 pm

Well, I snuck outta work a little early today since I told my father-in-law last Sat. that I would take him fishing on Wed,...so I did. I got skunked Sun. and since the water level rose so drastic, I thought the fishing would be crappie (no pun intended)

To my surprise, I caught 17 peacocks and my father-in-law caught 15, in just under 2 hours. Now for the different type of record:

I put in two poles and so did my father-in-law. I immediately got a double and so did my father-in-law. So both of our first two fish were doubles. No other doubles were caught until we went to leave. My last two fish were caught on a double! My father-in-law almost did the same, but his last fish got wrapped up on something down deep and broke the line!

Not a bad way to spend a Wed. evening.

BadBass
master baiter level

Postby BadBass » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:47 pm

Maaaaan! i have yet to have a day like that! Good job. I was at the ramp on wednesday and was watching Jorden fish ( I was on lunch break ). So i im with my partner Brandon and we see Chris and Stan come in with there clients for the day and they tell how good the fishing was. Im just about ready to pay them to take me out so i can catch multiple tuc's as well! LOL

Well we hung out there at the ramp for about half an hour and see some huge peacocks coming within feet of us at the most shallow point of the ramp. As we are standing there trying to help jordan catch some live bait we see one of the biggest tucs i ever seen creep up on some talaps and sits there for a moment while me and Brandon are loosing it!... Then BANG!!! he hits a talapia with a scud missile accuracy and the speed of a bullet I mean in a blink it was all over. WOW they are awsome.

BadBass
one badbass fisherman

skunked
King Sushi level

Postby skunked » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:32 am

BadBass wrote:Maaaaan! As we are standing there trying to help jordan catch some live bait we see one of the biggest tucs i ever seen creep up on some talaps and sits there for a moment while me and Brandon are loosing it!... Then BANG!!! he hits a talapia with a scud missile accuracy and the speed of a bullet I mean in a blink it was all over. WOW they are awsome.

BadBass

Yup, that's why the tucs are fat and happy, and the largemouths are starving. Just can't compete with the superior predators.
Congrats to SVT on the great day of fishing. I don't know if having two baited poles in the water simultaneously is allowed though. Personally, I don't see the harm if it's catch and release, but I'm just recalling what I read somewhere in the rule book for the lake. Stan, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Fishing is fun only if you do it for fun.Image www.texassidewinderrods.com

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:57 am

You are correct. One pole per person. But the second pole was in the water, in your honor! :roll: :lol: Ok, Ok, I guess I'm just an outlaw bass fisherman!!!! :P

LCPointer
master baiter level

Postby LCPointer » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:15 am

Excerpt from the DLNR website.

Permitted
To fish with hook-and-line with not more than one lure or baited hook or two artificial flies attached to a single line, provided that on weekends and holidays only one line may be used, and on weekdays other than holidays two lines may be used.

http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/dar/regulated_ar ... ml#wahiawa

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:21 am

Woo Hoo!!! I'm not a fishing criminal!!

But seriously, thanks for that info LC.

But,.....
To enter onto, fish from, or approach within 200 feet of the spillway dam and its shoreline, or to enter into or fish within the Forest Reserve along the North Fork.

I wonder where exactly the Resevoir ends and the Forest Reserve begins?

skunked
King Sushi level

Postby skunked » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:37 am

Thanks Stan and LC. When I was a kid, I had my prized Cabela's rod and Shimano Solstace (with the quickfire trigger) taken away from me from a warden for fishing near the dam. Never been near that area since. He didn't even give me any info about how I could get it back. I was heart broken. Saved my allowance for months for that rod and reel.
Fishing is fun only if you do it for fun.Image www.texassidewinderrods.com

LCPointer
master baiter level

forest boundry

Postby LCPointer » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:36 pm

RW

Based on this map http://www.state.hi.us/dlnr/dofaw/frs/F ... 0Oahu2.pdf I think you will run out of navigable water before you reach the boundary. However, between the state, county and federal jurisdictions I don't know exactly where it is.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:44 pm

I think you're right.

Return to “Fishing Reports”