Nuuanu Catfishing report Sept. 13, 2008

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Fresh&Salty
bass level

Nuuanu Catfishing report Sept. 13, 2008

Postby Fresh&Salty » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:51 pm

NUUANU CATFISHING REPORT 9/13/2008
Like fishing in a bucket!
------------In my 25+ years of fishing at Nuuanu, I have never seen the water level so low. No need to bring your 10 foot plus casting rods if you intend to hit someone on the other side. The water must only be about 40 yards across at the widest point. My "Smart Cast" said its only 10 feet deep in the lower basin ( lower half of the reservor closer to the tower).
------------ Under cloudy skies, early in the morning and very light winds, at 6:45 the catfish were active. There was BIG splashes from tail slapping all over, causing some OOOO's and AAAAh' s from the younger kids. Our two BIG catches were in the first 45 minutes. By 8:30 the sun was out and the skies clear and calm winds, it felt HOT!. The bites slowed and even the Talapias stopped biting. Rain? just a Hawaiian Blessing sprinkle.
----------- We caught more than our share of small ones. I released about 15 channel cats in the 5" to 1 1/2#. I even caught 5 Chinese catfish, in the 1/3- 1/2 # range. By the way our 2 BIG catches were caught 10 feet from shore by the 2 youngest members of our group, 9 yrs olds, casting their own lines.
------------ I learned from the DL&R guys, that the first two weekends were great. Everyone was taking 4-6 #'ders home. Some people commented, "FISHING was never this good". Also some 12, 14 and the largest 16# were caught. During our fishing session 9# was the largest. We were the last group to weigh in.
[/img]

Never fish down wind of someone using chopsticks and wearing surgical gloves, trying to bait their hook.

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:17 pm

Great report... I drove by there on Sat. and started to stop by and see how you guys were doing.... but it looked like rain to me :lol:
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Return to “Fishing Reports”