March 6

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

FishinFrenzy
King Sushi level

March 6

Postby FishinFrenzy » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:16 pm

Fishing was so-so. Took the kayak out and caught sevral small tucs and one LM about 13" on 3" white Senkos. LM was in good shape, not fat but surely not mal-nourished. Good sign. :P Most of my action came from Blue Boat Pt up to Morgans. Didn't see any schooling. I did see the largest tucs I have ever seen since fishing Wilson in the last 3 yrs. They were GIANTS! :shock: The huge tucs were holding close to cover around logs and grass. I hit a few in the nose with a roadrunner and jerkbaits but they ignored them. :x They had the big humps on their heads. I always thought they only got the humps during the spawn (which is around the corner). Any body know if they keep the humps or lose them? P.S. Thanks for the Subway offer Stan!
Dave

"A bad day of fishin is better than ANY day at work"

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:02 pm

Yea, had fun with the little ones, but the big ones just ignored even my live bait. Spawning should start soon. They seem to be looking for a place to nest, but move off to deep water if you move close to them.

I had a few live bait left over and was able to catch some small peacocks and channel catfish over by the feeder. A 2 3/4 pound cat really puts up a fight. :lol:

But that was Thursday, It should get better soon.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

bsp
master baiter level

Postby bsp » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:38 pm

Maybe you guys should try a talapia swimbait when they are on the nests/ staging. I know largemouth bass absolutely destroy bluegill baits when they are prespawn, so maybe tucs will too.

Return to “Fishing Reports”