Slow Saturday

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Slow Saturday

Postby Stan Wright » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:41 pm

Peacock bass were few and far between for me today. Little ones at that... way under one pound. Just about everyone I spoke with figured on good fishing after the schooling action they experienced on Wed, Thur, and Fri..... but it didn't turn out that way today. I didn't talk to anyone who was using live bait. "Well, that's why they call it fishing and not catching." Should be better tomorrow... :lol:
Stan
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

sharpeta1
bait level

hello again

Postby sharpeta1 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:12 pm

hey stan, if you remember saturday I was one of those guys you talked to while you were waiting for your son to come in. i did what you said and put my pic up under the "new angler" thread. this is a nice site you have here, thanks for the invite. I hope the second time we meet we'll have better reports for each other

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:01 pm

I've only been off island for about a week and I'm already wanting to get back and catch some schooling tucs. When they're going good there isn't anywhere else in the world I'd rather be fishing. It amazes me that you can catch 30-50 fish in a hour or two will artificials and not even move your boat.

OO7:BASSINASSASSIN
King Sushi level

Postby OO7:BASSINASSASSIN » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:49 pm

Catching tucs when they are feeding on shad is a lot of fun, but picking them off is fun also. This is how it was last Saturday morning and I had to change techinques as the day went on. They were still biting when I left about 10 am. It was challenging. The fish are ice cold to the touch lately but that has not slowed them down.

Getting back to catching 50 fish in a couple of hours, do any of you guys notice if your elbow gets sore? My elbow and wrist were starting to bother me when the fishing was really hot. It was throwing off my shooting in basketball.

David77733
angler level

Postby David77733 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:06 pm

I wouldn't complain!!! When does the action start getting faster and what baits do I need to invest in for the future???

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:06 pm

They will all sorts of things, top water, cranks, jerk baits hard and soft. But the shad here are small so down sizing is sometimes necessary. Although my biggest tucs have come on big baits.

Return to “Fishing Reports”