A Very Good Day

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

A Very Good Day

Postby Stan Wright » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:02 am

The start was kind of slow... a few small fish along the shore until Rob nailed this catfish on an orange crank bait.

When we arrived at Blue Boat Point and tossed out 2 live bait the action started. See the picture so you'll know exactly where this "secret spot" is located.

Rich started out with a few peacock bass in the 1 pound range and then mixed in some 2 and 3 pound fish.ImageImage

Rob landed his share of the nice ones too.Image

I'm not sure how many fish were caught. We started with 60 live bait and used them all. Five were tagged fish. Another fun filled relaxing day on the lake. Quality time for farther and son.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

DBL'D
angler level

Postby DBL'D » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:37 pm

ya that is the day i ran up on you killing them in quick time the water was 73at that first point. how do they get the water out

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:04 pm

See the little white house at the edge of the water that looks like it's on stilts? The big cement tower that it's sitting on goes way down into the water and has "windows" that can be opened and closed to drain water out of the lake.

The state wants to keep the water at around the 72 foot level during the rainy season to give time for the people down stream to get to high ground while the lake catches the flood runoff before going over the spilway.

Thanks for the pictures, You should have stuck around.... there was more than enough action for several more boats.

Stan

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:13 pm

Maybe it's just me, but It seems like people have been posting a lot more pictures of healthy looking largemouth it's good to see.

Ken
King Sushi level

Postby Ken » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:49 pm

I wouldn't call them too healthy. Those buckets have a very small belly. The peacocks look healthy, the largemouths look starved.

This is what a healthy one looks like...shoulders plus gut, short and stocky.

But it is good to see more of them for sure. Now...the real healthy sign is to see some more juveniles. :wink:

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:16 pm

A few weeks..probably more like months now I saw a young LGMB eat a gold fish at the boat launch....now before you go on with anymore of you're bragging I'm gonna try to dig a picture of my 10.3lb So Cal Largemouth :) J/K I've been looking for that picture for a few months now and I can't find it.

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:20 pm

If I caught a bass that big I'd know right where the picture was... on my wall.
:lol: :lol: :lol: LOL
Stan

Return to “Fishing Reports”