100 tuke day

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

100 tuke day

Postby Stan Wright » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:53 pm

Catch 100 peacock bass in a day? How about just in the afternoon?
I really have no idea how many fish we all caught, but the two young men fishing off the point (Secret Spot) caught more than 100. (using live bait and lures) The kids in the boat were hooked up to a fish every time I looked up. They would position the boat, cast, and hook up... Dale (on the kayak) and I were not doing to shaby ourselves.

From the time I got there (Secret Spot) around 3:00 until I left around 6:00 it was constant action. We all caught fish around one pound, but I would guess the average at closer to 2 pounds. My largest was 3 and one of the guys on shore caught a 5 pounder. But the exciting thing was the constant action.

Oh, Blue Boat Point already had 3 boats fishing there.... (read really catching lots fish) that's why we moved on up to Morgan's Pt. (Secret Spot)

Last edited by Stan Wright on Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Ken
King Sushi level

Postby Ken » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:17 am

So that's Morgan's Point! It was Morgan's Submerged Point the last time I was there :roll: :lol:

Good going Stan! April or September...that's a really tough choice for me to make when I have to decide when to visit Hawaii.

Oh Stan, have you been out on the flats hunting bonefish? How is the bonefish fishing in September? Is it as windy as May and June? (Well, I doesn't help that I pick all the roughest day to go fishing with you :lol:)

kahuna bass
King Sushi level

Re: 100 tuke day

Postby kahuna bass » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:58 am

Stan,

You guys are just so spoiled............it's just not fair......oh well :twisted:

Glad to see you all are still having a blast with the Tucs. I'm currently here in Guam. By the way, there is actually one lake here that has tucs, but it's now off-limit to all. It's not the quality and quantity like your secret lake, but it still tuc's.

Can't wait to try the fly rod next time. Maybe even some lures too.

Might have to slowly break-away from the live bait stuff :( Nah, just kidding.

Darkside live biater forever :twisted:

Mel "Kahuna bass"

Stan Wright wrote:Catch 100 peacock bass in a day? How about just in the afternoon?
I really have no idea how many fish we all caught, but the two young men fishing off the point (Secret Spot) caught more than 100. (using live bait and lures) The kids in the boat were hooked up to a fish every time I looked up. They would position the boat, cast, and hook up... Dale (on the kayak) and I were not doing to shaby ourselves.

From the time I got there (Secret Spot) around 3:00 until I left around 6:00 it was constant action. We all caught fish around one pound, but I would guess the average at closer to 2 pounds. My largest was 3 and one of the guys on shore caught a 5 pounder. But the exciting thing was the constant action.

Oh, Blue Boat Point already had 3 boats fishing there.... (read really catching lots fish) that's why we moved on up to Morgan's Pt. (Secret Spot)

If you ain't fish'n, you ain't have'n fun...Got fish!

Return to “Fishing Reports”