Report 6-10-14

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Report 6-10-14

Postby Filthyfisherman » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:56 pm

Fishing is absolutely awesome right now at Lake Wilson. Even with heavy rains driving the lake up a foot or two, the big peacock can be found from BSI to the Kincaids. Waters temps are reaching 84 surface now, visibility is good 1.5 to 2 ft plus at BSI. North it's muddy as of couple days ago. Gold and silver Castmasters 1/8oz will work... The Best lure for Peacock Bass at Lake Wilson is my Kona Fry a 2" Jerk Bait in Champagne color and its at Sawada's Store in Wahiawa on N.Cane St! All of my other Bass Lures are there as well. 2 years at Lake Wilson I've modified it to run perfect with a Bass Pro Super Lock EWG size 1 Hook! Rigged texas, it's snaggless to run straight through the thickest trees cover! Rigged carefully keeping it straight on the hook, walk the dog, jerk and even Drop it right in front Big Peacock Bass, Dead Stick, twitch it. It's my most reliable lure for Peacock's at Wilson. For Largemouth, it would be my Filthy Ring Fry in Chartreuse color rigged with a 3/16oz bullet on 3/0 EWG hook. Yesterday I caught this HAWG! 5.5 LBS on the KONA Fry. The Two were just taking there fry out for a strole? Suspending, slowly crusing the banks on the Left Ledgey side of the Kincaids! Not the woody grassy side? I think when the level comes up which it just did, causes them to do this. Schooling is going on all over BSI and MikiMiki flats. Largemouth can be caught with the Ring Fry on Shady Steep Wood and a Strike King 5XD in SHad or Chart Blue back on ledge points.

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:25 pm

:D

What he said. Yes, just the way he said it would be.

:twisted:
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Return to “Fishing Reports”