Fish

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Charles N
angler level

Fish

Postby Charles N » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:27 pm

I finally got on the lake today and found a nice sweet spot full of peacock bass but the did not want any lures, plastics, or spinnerbaits. I will be back with some gold fish. I am looking for largemouth does anyone know where I need to go to catch them?
Bass fishing is made for real bass fisher men

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Postby Filthyfisherman » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:48 am

Largemouth are either on deep points or Steep wood. Drop Shot the main lake points, 3/16oz DS weight "ball" with a cut tail worm in GreenPumpkin. And work wood with a Chartreuse Ring Fry rigged texas with the same 3/16oz bullet should do the trick. They are spread out all over the lake right now sitting Post Spawn almost moving into their summer haunts in a few weeks.

Charles N
angler level

Bass

Postby Charles N » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:30 am

Filthy I have tried all points with dragging a green pumpkin worm with a chartreuse tail and not one bite. Is there a specific point where people. Normally gong them

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Postby Filthyfisherman » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:34 pm

The Points Across from the "IronWoods" and BSI points. Try Drop Shot rigging and cut down the size of your worm? I can't get them bite a Shakeyhead? But you get some bites with a DS. Its tough now, Lakes coming up pretty good.

Charles N
angler level

Ok

Postby Charles N » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:16 pm

Where is iron wood point? I do a lot of shore fishing where can I go for bass if I am shore fishing

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

tough day

Postby BASSTRACKER » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:20 am

it was tough fishing yesterday, bites were slow and far between to come by. don't lose hope thats fishing our lake is a different lake every day seems like. i tried the slow approach but it seemed that shaky heads and drop shots just were not the ticket. found run and gun with a smaller crankbait worked but even that took a lot of casts and effort to produce. the best spots were deep and had a lot of wind on them making it tough especially for a kayak. the best action happened late in the day down in main basin near kemo'o island where the small tucs were busting a bit, caught half dozen in the lb range. very fun on light spinning gear, used small cast masters and torpedo lures. best times for busting late or early in the day when its calmer. boy scout island area or main basin usually best bet and can launch from kunia point easily in a kayak. good luck!

Return to “Fishing Reports”