Our 1st tuc ever!

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

asianmanofmystery
bass level

Our 1st tuc ever!

Postby asianmanofmystery » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:38 pm

In between the catfish I have been on a mission all summer long to bring in a tuc by lure. After 100s or maybe even 1000s of casts, that mission ended last week...when I lost an expensive Rapala in an underwater tree.

Today we picked up 3 tucs - our very first. I took a photo of the good one and included an object for perspective (and so you can see our new technique :twisted: ). Thank you to Pegasus for the steering us in the right direction and the advice on bait catching.

Of course we also found some time to bring in a catfish or 2.

Pegasus
King Sushi level

Postby Pegasus » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:50 pm

Way to go ! welcome to the dark side ! ( live bait ) Some afternoons you can sit on BBP and catch them one after another. Keep up the good work.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:51 pm

After fighting that Tuc, I would be hooked fishing for the Tucs over catfish. Kinds like having a taste of filet mignon then going back to hamburger! :lol:
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Soldierboy
bass level

Postby Soldierboy » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:48 pm

Excellent! I bet it was priceless to see your son face when you hooked into that nice Tuc. The true challenge now is to hook into one near structures, talk about a fight! Good luck on your next fishing trip.
Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory!

Return to “Fishing Reports”