Friday, Nov 30th

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

KIA68
master baiter level

Friday, Nov 30th

Postby KIA68 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:59 pm

Finally got back on the water after a 4 month break!! Headed out on Friday, Nov 30th from 10-5pm. Action was good until the clouds rolled in around 3pm. Total of 13 LMB, all in the 2lb range. Biggest was 2.8lbs.

Boat ramp started to show the 1st slate at the end of the ramp...pray for rain soon!!!!!

Here are a few pictures.

skunked
King Sushi level

Postby skunked » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:27 pm

I haven't fished for about 4 months also. Been busy with stuff. Doesn't matter since I never catch anything anyway!
Nice day of fishing you had there! Is that a zoom finesse worm you were using? How did you rig/fish it?
Fishing is fun only if you do it for fun.Image www.texassidewinderrods.com

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:45 am

Kia,
James and I saw you over by Paperbark on Fri. As we approached, James said "Nice boat, haven't seen it out here before." As we passed, I recognized your boat as the one you refurbished. Great job on the boat!

Pic #2 = NICE!!
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:56 am

Now that sounds like a great day on the water!

KIA68
master baiter level

Postby KIA68 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:17 pm

Tried fishing fast with spinners and crank baits but nothing was working. Seemed like fishing slow was the key. We actually tried using dropshot, wacky, and texas rigs and they all caught fish.

The boat is working out great! Hope the water doesn't drop too much lower. I remember this happened to the water level last year around the same time.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Return to “Fishing Reports”