Report 10-25-12

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Report 10-25-12

Postby Filthyfisherman » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:07 am

Launched 8-11:30, 6LM Bass, Sunny, Prt Cloudy, WT 78-80 stained 1ft, Level , BP 30.01r, Wind W 2mph,,,

My Best Friend from PA is here Matt Yuengling, (Yes, Just Like the oldest Beer co in America!) (And Yes there is a relation!) , I started Filthyfishermen Bait Co with him Long time ago when I was 18!!! One of the better Anglers I know with a knowledge of Patterns and Locating Largemouth it didn't take long to get him on Fish!!!!!!!! We started out by BSI looking for TUC's and trying to get them to chase down small with objects! lol!! NADA.... Headed behind BSI under the power lines and started land them. We just started Flipping Wood with the NEW Filthyfishermen TUC TOAD 4" in GreenPumpkin color with 1/2oz tungsten wegihts! By the second fish which was maybe 30minutes into the Day, Yuengling says to me, "Nice fishery you guys got here!"... Pretty good day! We wasted some time running the whole bank at the Kascades which was a waste of time,, but other than that, flip wood in deeper areas such as the dam and BSI areas you should do good!!!!! Most fish were caught 10plus ft and tight to the wood!!

I am intrested in Starting a NEW FEDERIZED BASS Club!!!!!! I talked to James Hall editor Bassmaster Mag last week and He is really pushing it! Gives us more acess to much needed Federal Conservation Programs and Grants and so on! A Bass Club that is more BASS and FLW setup hunting only Largemouth/Smallmouth, and possibly at the end of the Year, send the Two Best Anglers to the Main Land to compete in the Federation championship in 2014!! I know they have done this on Kauai before, so I am Looking into it! Maybe some Fund raising for the HATCHERY and just plan fun I would like to be a big part of BASSMASTERS HAWAII!!!!!!!!!!!! If anyone is intrested let me know!!!! We only need 5 members!!!! So I think I only need two more people!!!

Last edited by Filthyfisherman on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bozu
bass level

Postby Bozu » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:01 am

Sounds like you and your bud from PA had a productive day on ol' Lake
Wilson. I don't mean to hijack you posting but, I believe or I may be wrong that the area your calling Kascades is called Kincaids after the late Bob Kincaid. Kincaid's runs from Tuc bay up until the Quonset hut point. Bob's house used to be one of those homes lining the Kincaid stretch.( I forget which one) Bob was one of the old time lake Wilson fisherman from way back in the late 1950's, and he was a founding charter member of the HFFA.

He fished Wilson from pre-boat ramp days when the "regulars" tied their boats up below Kemoo Farms restaurant. Sadly, Bob died when his boat
went over the spillway during a high water level period. We all speculated
that he must have had a medical condition that rendered him unconscious
and his boat must have drifted down near the spillway and over the edge.
He was way to knowledgable about Lake Wilson to make the mistake of
going near the spillway edge during a heavy rain period.

As a result of some post accident litigation between his Estate, Sugar Co. and the DLNR, we are now required to the sign and carry the Lake Wilson entry permit form along with the Freshwater fishing license.

With the passing of time and as a new generation of anglers get to enjoy
our beloved Lake Wilson, each adds their moniker to the mix of "secret"
spots and honey holes. It's all good. Great times and great memories.
Just like your favorite surf spot gets tagged with another name, "you surfed where ?... or you mean da kine thats called..."
So that being said, for me that stretch of water is known as Kincaid's.
A salute to one of Lake Wilson's original old timers.

Bozu

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Postby Filthyfisherman » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:07 pm

Thanks for the Correction!!!! I have be calling it wrong for a while now!!!! I have heard the story of (Bob) and he deserves the correct Name! Thanks for the info too! Filthy

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:52 pm

when i first started fishing wilson alot of people refered to kemo'o island as kinkaid island, i called it that for many many years till i saw it as kemo'o island on a map. i know one of his favorite spots was what we now call the saddle. even when i started fishing there were no ironwoods on that point, just a tuft of grass. many old pics of bob fishing that point boat parked nose in and pulled up into the grass there.always heard speculation he was fishing there as usual when whatever happened happened and he drifted over the dam.

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:20 pm

I think your BASS Federation club is a GREAT idea! Was somehting i had looked into starting up before i found out i was transfering back to the mainland. If i ever get back to Hawaii count me in lol. One of the things you could possibly do to keep tucs in the mix is have a side pot called "ugly" fish or something like that for the biggest non bass.
Luck is when opportunity and skill meet.

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Postby Filthyfisherman » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:07 am

I got Kincades from somewhere that may be it BassTracker! And Ca Bass,, I think TUC's can't be fished for in B.A.S.S sanctioned tourney's.. Our Club By Laws are copied right off B.A.S.S 's web site.... I am thinking of possibly having OPEN Tourney's "Which we may open TUC's to the equation" to raise money to send our team to the Federation Divisional Tourney. But as far as TUC fishing,, wouldn't help us practice for B.A.S.S events. The way it is set up,, first stop would be the Western Divisional Tourney this year was 5/30-6/1 held in Flaming Gorge WY, an Angler from Montana Bassmaster's bass club won that.. Good Bag of SmallMouth! Then the TOP 8 will continue to the Federation National Championship this year in Wheeler Lake Alabama!!!! Win That! Earn your spot in the Bassmaster Classic!! Plus win a Boat and Truck!!!!!

This is where I would like to take Hawaii!!!! I am working on Having Filthyfishermen Bait Co supply the Rooms and rent the Bass Boat Tax write off!! .. First step is to coordinate with Kauai,, try to Form the Hawaii State Chapter B.A.S.S and fish against there club, then send the best 2-3?... Then I am also working on the idea of having Only Military Co-Anglers (Non-Boaters) in the club... First things first,, is talking to James Hall this week!!!!

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:37 am

Filthyfisherman,

What i meant for the tucs side pot was this a pot that wouldn't have anything to do with tournament results or standings or anything. Kinda more like a side wager. People wouldn't be targeting tucs or fishing for them, buts it's inevitable that people will catch them even when only targeting bass. So to maybe liven things up :) you could have a completely optional "ugly fish pot" that has no effect on the tournament results or standing..there wouldnt even need to be a record of it.. People could for example pay $5 to enter the "ugly fish pot" and if you bought into it before the tournament started whoever's biggest non bass takes the pot. Its more kinda just a fun side bet. Nothing official or anything. Just seemed to make sense to me to have one at wilson because one of its main attraction's is the peacock bass. I know you cant count them for the actual tournament but it's a way to keep them in the event in some way.
Luck is when opportunity and skill meet.

Ahnkochee
King Sushi level

Postby Ahnkochee » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:50 am

I know Yuengling is German in origin but sure looks & sounds Chinese to me. :wink: Similar in meaning (in German) to what Yoda calls young padawans "younglings". I know, totally irrelevant but just thinking out loud. Name origins are very interesting to me. :D
ImageIllegitimus Non CarborundumImage

Return to “Fishing Reports”