Left or Right?

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

TheAlohaBoy
bass level

Left or Right?

Postby TheAlohaBoy » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:30 pm

Everyone seems to go "right" from the boat ramp. Anyone ever goes LEFT? and if so what is up left.

BTW, for those who knows me, my Aquaponics System back and up again, but I lost all my catfish. Apparently I missed a essintinal step when adding salt to a pond.... Dissovle first or else the catsfish eats the bags of salt and dies of a terrible tummy ache.

Lost my prize channel cat I had for 1 year. 24" .... where can I catch another one and what bait to use? Looking for a replacement.

Thanks

Ahnkochee
King Sushi level

Postby Ahnkochee » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:29 am

When the water level is high the sloughs behind the intermediate school holds Tucs. Also there is a sizable circular bay where hand-size Bluegills like to spawn. Can't get too far up due to low bridge but worth exploring.

As far as catching Catfish my two favorite baits are chicken livers and peanut butter on white bread. The peanut butter gives off a nice scent trail, and the white bread keeps it on the hook, works amazingly well. Oh yes, also Spam works great too no kidding. :wink:
ImageIllegitimus Non CarborundumImage

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:06 am

I'll bet the Spam does work well as I've heard of using 1" slice of hotdog. All time favorite has to be chicken livers. Under the bridges right after a good rain is a great place for catfish since they will go there looking for food in the runoff.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:45 am

:D
When the lake was at full level, you could go around the end of that bridge.
If you go far enough up stream you get to a clear running stream and smallmouth bass... and bluegill, and catfish. If you can get your boat, or kayak past it now, I bet you don't have to go nearly as far to find the clear stream. :lol: :lol: :lol:
There is no place in the lake that I have not caught peacock bass at one time or another.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Return to “Fishing Reports”