Thur. Aug. 2

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Thur. Aug. 2

Postby Stan Wright » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:03 pm

:D
Scattered schooling... when you were in the right place at the right time...
WOW.

Corey's day off.

Largemouth and Peacocks.

Shoots, even I caught some.

Find those fish Mano... go get 'um boy.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Postby Filthyfisherman » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:31 am

Launched 1-5, Caught Bunch of Bass B+ Day, Sunny, Hot, Wind 6MPH ENE, BP 30.03F!, Level 70.25 "Not acurate it seems be delayed and off by 2ft", So 72.25, Went out to just tune some rods and scout some stuff out for the WTB tourney this Sunday! Want to make sure we Represent our Sport Right Sunday with some Good Fish! It should be good! Started out passing Stan here and headed to Kemmo so Manu could run and swim, Fishing around there with a couple hits on a Shakey Head setup but Nada,,, Trolling North pass BlueBoat Point that cove on left, out in middle there was some schooling so I threw a 1/2oz White Terminator spinnerbait and caught 2 LM good size 2lbser,,,, then working back torwards Mikimiki Schooling was taking place and landed more on the spinnerbait and on the New Soft Jerk in Mongolian Movement color riggeed on a 3/0 EWG hook weightless... Working around Mikimiki I caught a bunch working schooling action,, The trick is to always be moveing! I like the circle technique in the main pond type areas at the dam and mikimiki... You will notice your wake from the trolling engine will stir up bait and you'll have fish jumpin right at your boat!!! Bait Fish will often run to your boat to hide underneath it.. Also throwing a SpinnerBait around you will notice Bait Fish will follow your lure! So I know the schooling action is going on and should be good for Sunday... But if that fails.... I want back Up, then Back up for that! SO with the water level coming up,, I wanted to see if they're on the banks tight!!! SO I picked up my Jig Rod, brushed off the dust, and threw a SK 1/2oz Blk, Blu, Purple Flipping jig and landed a Nice 2.5-2.8lbs LM in 10ft water in wood!!!! So they are tight to cover and schooling!!!! At the end of the day I Tryed some other out of the BOX things and it didn't pan out..... I still think theres some DEEP GLORY Hole somewhere right now!!! And with live bait and the setup for the Tourney Sunday!!! It will be intresting!!!!

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:58 am

:D
You know what's gona be really funny Jeff...
The guys you draw to fish with will NEVER have gone fishing in their life.
And will have no idea how to use a rod and reel.
:lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted:
Are we having fun yet, or what?
:lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:46 pm

I gotta say my fishing partner is tight! He has his own tackle, spinning and baitcasting reels! Knows what he's talking about! It should be fun no matter what.
Last edited by roadwarriorsvt on Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Ahnkochee
King Sushi level

Postby Ahnkochee » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:08 am

roadwarriorsvt wrote:I gotta say my fishing partner is tight! He has his own tackle, sinning and baitcasting reels! Knows what he's talking about! It should be fun no matter what.

I want to see that sinning reel, or on second thought maybe I don't. :lol:
ImageIllegitimus Non CarborundumImage

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:30 am

I let my brother-in-law borrow one of my Penn Reels once. They fished the shoreline where the waves splashed saltwater all over the reels and they also dropped the reels in the sand. After one week, the reel was returned. unwashed, covered with sand and salt. You couldn't even turn the handle. The aluminum spool was chipped and dented where it had been dropped onto the rocks. When I took it to Donald Kita to see if it could be fixed... without saying a word, he just turned around and placed my reel up on the shelf with his collection of "antique" reels that he had acquired over many years. Truly, what my in-laws did to that real was a SIN. :evil:

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:48 pm

have to say stan may be right, i know my partner has next to no angling experience and none in fresh water so i have had to scale back my game plan and simplify in hopes of getting him on fish. after all its more about him getting to catch anything and having a good time than us placing. its actually quite daunting thinking there will be 30 other boats with most of the lake guns out looking for the exact same situations i will. i just hope i have enough game to get my guy some fish and give him the opportunity to trash talk :wink:

Return to “Fishing Reports”