Grand Slam in ONE Picture

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Grand Slam in ONE Picture

Postby Stan Wright » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:51 am

:D
Facebook Page... Hawaii Bass Fishing
http://www.facebook.com/hawaiibass.fishing

Caught all on the same school of fish at the same time.
I've never seen all 3 bass on the boat together.
Lake Wilson is an amazing place to fish.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:07 am

:D
I got this picture from my son Chris. A "Lake Wilson Grand Slam" is catching a Peacock bass, a Largemouth Bass, and a Smallmouth bass all on the same day.
Difficult because all three fish hang out in different parts of the lake and usually require a different fishing method to catch each fish. That's what makes it so special.
At this time of year the largemouth and peacock bass are schooling up and chasing shad… but I've never heard of the smallmouth doing that. Looks like they are.
But catching all three species in the same place at the same time… I've never even heard of that before.
Aloha,
Stan
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:12 pm

That is an awesome picture! That is definitely rare to get them all at once.

My grand slam was completed all the way up at the North Fork, not from the same school but they were probably all within 50ft of each other. Wasn't surprised that the smallie and LGM were up there..but there was also a tuc pushing bait against the cliff on the left right before the rapids got them all on a jerkbait.

March last year I was fishing with my buddy at Wilson and he caught smallie off the condo cliffs point that was chasing bait with some LGM. That it was a little odd. Maybe some of them come down to the main lake when it gets warm to find deeper water.

I miss Wilson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fished Clarks Hill today and the surface temp was 88 degrees :( Air temp was 91...and it was cooler than normal today. Only managed 4 fish by noon. Missed probably 4 others but that seems to be the way it goes when I'm throwing a fluke :( can't wait for the fall!!!!
Luck is when opportunity and skill meet.

Pegasus
King Sushi level

Postby Pegasus » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:49 pm

THAT DOG CAN HUNT !

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:24 pm

That is an awsome feat and an awsome photo! I've noticed some Tucs are displaying more yellow this year.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Return to “Fishing Reports”