Monster!

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Monster!

Postby BASSTRACKER » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:16 am

Ok guys I just caught a 17 in 2.12lb jaguar cichlid, state record no doubt.im not putting it back in the lake, it's to unique to kill. Does anyone with a large aquarium or pond want it?

Pegasus
King Sushi level

Postby Pegasus » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:06 pm

The ink on the new state record is barely dry. A 2.09 lb jaguar cichlid was caught a few weeks ago by a friend of mine. It was the new state record. The old record was 1lb 8oz.You have to weigh it on a certified scale like at foodland and fill out the paperwork. The state record was then released back into the lake. It was too big for my tank at home. Where did you catch it. I was there when it was put back in the lake.... near the urban campers site on the turn. Maybe it gained a little weight... Show us the picture.

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:03 pm

Still on the water, it's in my live well . Caught at condo cliffs on a shakeyhead.pics won't go thrue from my phone for some reason. Will have to add em when I get home.

Ahnkochee
King Sushi level

Postby Ahnkochee » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:24 pm

I'd love to see some pictures. I'd rather have Jaguar Cichlids than Red Devils. Since they are already established I would not feel bad letting it go. Maybe they can help reduce the Red Devil population. Just my 2 cents. :wink:
ImageIllegitimus Non CarborundumImage

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:31 pm

:D
Ask, and you shall see pictures...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:43 pm

the certified weight was a whopping 3lbs 1oz, and the length was 163/4 in. he's at his new home at the middle school, dwarfing the other jaguar cichlid there. guess my scale is off by 5 ounces! I'm thinking i got a lot of bigger fish than i thought i had hahaha, stan you were right get it certified! i gained 5 ounces!

Ahnkochee
King Sushi level

Postby Ahnkochee » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:55 pm

BASSTRACKER wrote:the certified weight was a whopping 3lbs 1oz, and the length was 163/4 in. he's at his new home at the middle school, dwarfing the other jaguar cichlid there. guess my scale is off by 5 ounces! I'm thinking i got a lot of bigger fish than i thought i had hahaha, stan you were right get it certified! i gained 5 ounces!

Woohoo! Congratulations, I hope the record is made official.
3 lbs.? What a HOG!

ImageIllegitimus Non CarborundumImage

Ken
King Sushi level

Postby Ken » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:27 am

Wow! Can't wait to see the picture! Congrats on the awesome Jag!!!

Ahnko, I'm back agreeing with you...I wouldn't mind if the lake was full of Jag instead. :twisted:
Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear.

I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger than they really are.

Life List: 386 species and counting

http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca ... -list.html

Pegasus
King Sushi level

Postby Pegasus » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:44 am

You know what they say. Records are made to be broken, and your fish smashed the record by a mile ! Nice fish. I have only caught one in all my trips to the lake. They are in there, but still a rare catch. But I am sure that is not the state record you were really after !

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:40 am

ya not at all the fish i was looking for. it hit a shakey head worm of all things. i thought it was a bass at first when i saw the green and black stripes. it was stripping line and running all over i had to move around the boat to fight it. i was shocked when i saw what it was and how big, I've only ever seen them red devil sized or smaller. quite a unique catch. the world record stands from florida at 3lbs 11oz a few more tilapia dinners this guy would have been close to a contender.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:55 am

A big congratulations on the pending State record! A State record anything is a nice accomplishment!
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Re: Monster!

Postby Ca_Bass » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:07 pm

BASSTRACKER wrote:Ok guys I just caught a 17 in 2.12lb jaguar cichlid, state record no doubt.im not putting it back in the lake, it's to unique to kill. Does anyone with a large aquarium or pond want it?

This post reminds me about how similarly we fish. I got a big Jaguar Cichlid at condo cliffs last year only I was dropshotting instead throwing a shakey head.
Luck is when opportunity and skill meet.

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:02 pm

ya our styles are very similar for sure, it wasnt exactly on condo cliffs though. kinda right in the transition where the depth changes and the structure. right at the dive shop in between condo cliffs and kemo'o pub. what is kinda disturbing is the record was broken 2 weeks prior by a pound and then i get one nearly a pound larger than that one. i hope its not another invasion.

Crash
King Sushi level

Postby Crash » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:03 am

Solid catch, sounds like it was an awesome fight.

Please let us know when it is "officially" the state record....and congrats beforehand.

Nice job!
Crash

Return to “Fishing Reports”