Action at the lake

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Action at the lake

Postby Stan Wright » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:57 pm

:D

Shane was catching fish faster than I could weigh and take their picture.
Nothing really big... but we sure had fun.

Bama rig was hot today.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Postby Filthyfisherman » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:13 am

Thats Fantastic!!! I was out 3-4 hours ahead of you guys fishing the same spots with similar techniques with little luck!!!!!! So Last night I reserched this mornings slow bite and found some great stuff.... Mostly in the morning, recently I drive around lookin for that top water action,,, If nothing is going on, I stay in the general area flip around and wait for the water to warm up and the bite to turn on... I haven't seen much going on lately,,, but In my LOGs last year, they were all over the top... This year the lake is a different beast! So after researching, I am making a mistake... " In lakes with mostly timber, laydowns and stumps, work the backs of coves with good creeks feeding them early and late. As the sun gets up high, move out to the creek channel, main-lake points and humps. Around the stumps and laydowns, flip or pitch a jig or Texas-rigged worm" (bassresource.com) So I am thinking early morning,,, hit the backs of coves and hit up North with the stream running in, Or south even, etc..... Try and catch a big one! Then as it warms up, move out and see if they are schooling in the middle... This will be the pattern I run until I leave Wensday for PA... Hope this helps everyone! Filthy

Ahnkochee
King Sushi level

Postby Ahnkochee » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:06 am

Perfect ultralight size. :wink:
ImageIllegitimus Non CarborundumImage

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:32 am

We saw some schooling fish as we came by the County Yard just past where the new Urban Outdorsmen Village. Cast some Senkos, gold Castmasters and the Bamma rig for about 15 minutes and not a strike.

As we rounded Kunia Pt there was lots of splashing on the windward side of the long point on the south side of Boy Scout Island... That was where the action was. Peacock bass and largemouth bass. They were splashing and chasing almost every lure we used (except for my Alabama Rig... I still haven't caught anything on that) :evil:

All the fish were small... under a pound... so we switched to ultra-lite rods, 4# test and small lures. Action, action, action.

After an hour or so we moved on down toward the dam fishing the shore and casting to occasional busting fish. Shane caught largemouth on the Bama Rig.
We saw some nice size peacock bass when we moved in close to shore, and some free swimming fish. They would occasionally make a half-hearted chase, nothing aggressive.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Return to “Fishing Reports”