Sat, 5-12-11

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Sat, 5-12-11

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun May 13, 2012 8:03 pm

Well, I had an interesting fishing excursion. As most of you know, I like to target the smallies at the rapids since I have easy access by land. After getting settled in on the rocks, I take my beer in one hand and rod in the other to move down stream just a bit. Well, my feet slipped right off a rock I was walking on, fell and my head hit one of the large boulders! Knoocked me out! For how long, I don't know, but when I came to, my beer and rod & reel were submerged in shallow water. It took me a few minutes to gather myself but I was able to shake it off. So what else was I supposed to do? Start fishing again of course. I scored this little 1 1/4 lb. smallie, followed by another 14 oz. smallie. Any day ya don't end up in the ER is a good day in my book! :lol:

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Baires722
King Sushi level

Postby Baires722 » Sun May 13, 2012 9:10 pm

Now thats a dedicated fishermen! I probably would have done the same!! The great thing is that you still kept record of their length and weight after all that. Glad it wasn't worse then it was and your doing good.

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Postby Filthyfisherman » Mon May 14, 2012 6:18 am

Wow,,, coulda been bad if u knocked yourself out in deeper water!!! Hard core tho... And well rewarded.. Reminds me the day couple weeks ago I hooked Manu and thought I had go Vet ER... Good job,, rest up,, tourney coming up..(':D')

djverve05
master baiter level

Postby djverve05 » Mon May 14, 2012 9:09 am

Glad your safe Tommy. Looks similar to the smallie I caught up there a couple of weeks ago. Love that bronze color.

shanai
King Sushi level

Postby shanai » Mon May 14, 2012 9:22 am

Wow, glad you're okay - good reminder to take a buddy with you. BTW, did save your beer

Steve

:D

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Mon May 14, 2012 12:31 pm

Now you know why my wife got me that self inflating lifejacket for when I fish by myself.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Pegasus
King Sushi level

Postby Pegasus » Mon May 14, 2012 3:27 pm

Yes. The life insurance company likes it when they have a body !

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Mon May 14, 2012 4:37 pm

That's exactly what she said....
insurance was the reason she got it for me...

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Mon May 14, 2012 5:22 pm

Yea, I'm sure I'm worth more 6' under than I am now! :lol: The wife "usually" goes with me, but this was a rare occasion that she worked the 3-11 shift. Nothing wrong with her working to support me while I go fishing, right? 8) The Heineken was not as fortunate as I was. I guess I littered in Lake Wilson. Dang, I hope the EPA doesn't fine me for intoxicating the fishes! :P
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Return to “Fishing Reports”