Testing Lure 5-2-2012

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Testing Lure 5-2-2012

Postby Filthyfisherman » Wed May 02, 2012 2:07 pm

1-2pm had to leave early.... But second cast Drop Shoting with 8lbs Fluro, Stand Out Hook size4, and a drop shot 3/16oz weight..... The New FF Cut Tail in the New Pumpkin color... At Mikimiki flats along that sumberged point in 10-15ft water... Only had short time,, but Watermellon, Cotton Candy,, and I have a violent crazy color too to make and try out still...... But I've dailed in my go to color now,, plus have many more things to test!! Next people I see out will have some stuff to test out for me!!

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Thu May 03, 2012 3:40 pm

Those standout hooks are nice! But they do tend to tangle worse than the regular mosquito type hooks when you hook a fish. But I think the way they keep the worm nose down outweighs the way they tangle.

Haven't tried those DS hooks with the little swivels on them but I just don't like the idea of it because of what you're trying to accomplish with the presentation...finesse and simplicity.

I have added a very small barrel swivel about 1.5ft above my DS hook and that helps eliminate line twists. Also didn't seem to cost me any bites.
Luck is when opportunity and skill meet.

Return to “Fishing Reports”