Report 3-27-2012

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Report 3-27-2012

Postby Filthyfisherman » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:36 pm

Launched 11-4:30pm, 10 LM Bass, Sunny, prt cloudy, Brezzy, Wind 6.8mph SE, BP 30.07s , Moon 25% waxing , WT 74-76 stained 1-2ft, Level 80.17. Started up by the Quanza hut and worked back.. First got one nice one on a 1/2oz Terminator Spinnerbait Wht/Sil in 5ft water on windy steep banks. Landed another one short time later.. Then rounding past morgan's point I swithced up to a Filthyfishermen Bait Co Lizzard in BlueFleck color rigged texas with a 3/0 EWG hook and a 3/8oz tung bullet wieght.. Running protected banks landed 2-3 more short time later... Then switched back to a spinnerbait and landed one in Strong windy current in 5-8ft water closer to the dam... Then by the point where apt's are, I landed another on the Lizzard. Then moving torward BSI landed a few more on a spinnerbait again fishing strong windy currents.... Then I noticed a hugh amount of suspending fish, which I saw all day actually on my depth finder,, but I started noticing boils and some subsurface distrubances and switched to a LuckyCraft pointer 110 in Ghost Shad... I was getting alot of hits, but no hook ups,,,, So I switched to a LuckyCraft 78 pointer in GhostShad and used Storm Suspending Tape and added it to the bottom of the jerk bait.. This got me into that suspending zone I wanted and Cleaned up... Got three, four more using that setup..... I place the tape evenly along the bottom... I could of stayed and really cleaned up on that pattern,,, But Manu was complaining and figured it was about that time... All in all good day!!!

Return to “Fishing Reports”