HELP!

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Shue1laces
bait level

HELP!

Postby Shue1laces » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:07 pm

I need some help. I am new to Hawai'i Bass Fishing and I would like to know as much as possible. I know how to fish and I'd like to think I'm pretty good. My wife and I have been to the lake several times, but with no avail. I have caught 1 Red Devil, and snagged an Oscar. The Devil was on a Mister Twister, and I snagged the Oscar on a topwater walker. I unfortunately don't have a boat, but I'm willing to fish from shore. Please help an up and comer learn how to catch my dream fish, the Peacock Bass!! Any information about locations, lures, and techniques. I know its a huge taboo in the fishing world to tell someone else all your secrets, but I need some assisstance...Thank you!! :D
HERE I COME KVD!!

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:49 am

The fishery slows down in the winter. The peacock bass like warm water, high 70s on up. Water is in the low 70s/high 60s now.From about May/June on thru the summer the peacocks will get more active.Our lake kinds shuts down after a sudden increase in water level. Right now is about the worse time to go fishing.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:55 am

follow the posts back through the site and you can pick up tons of info on what where and how to fish for tucs. anytime your at the ramp quiz guys coming in, most of us will be more than happy to share info. you might even get a ride along if you plant your cards right. its a small lake with its own tics but it won't take long for you to figure stuff out with a little help. good luck!

Return to “Fishing Reports”