2/20 tough day

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

2/20 tough day

Postby BASSTRACKER » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:31 pm

went out on monday, expected to have a busy day on the lake. to my surprise it was fairly empty maybe 4-6 boats all day. lots of bank fisherman though. guess the lake got pounded on sat and sun cause they weren't where they had been and the ones were still around were skittish to say the least. i had brought my game from the week before but none of that worked. early off had to switch gears and do a 180 on my game plan. went from power fishing to serious finesse and still struggled. i had hoped that the afternoon would liven things up but it only got tougher. still managed to get 7 small 1-1.5lb bass on various techniques and lost several more. got 2 tagged bass as well. tag 4288 141/2" long 1.03 lbs on the saddle at kemoo island. and tag 4219 14 1/2" long and 1.83lbs just around the grass at cow point. same size slightly different weight but both looked healthy. in fact all of the bass i caught looked to be in good shape.

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:33 pm

:D
Chris said they got 4 largemouth today... 1 1/2 to 2 pounds. One on a plastic worm and the other on crank baits... he wouldn't tell me what kinds or what colors.... Sooooooooo, I waited till he wasn't looking and.....
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Return to “Fishing Reports”