Georgia Blue

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Georgia Blue

Postby Ca_Bass » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:06 pm

Caught this blue cat inadvertently during a little tournament today. Too bad I didn't have a bass this big :( Lost 2 good bass early in the day that may have put us in the money...but it happens. Still had fun, caught a decent amount of fish for it being February. Maybe I should look into different trebles for my red eye shad! I have a bad streak of loosing big fish the past 2 months, but some how I manage to land a 10lb+ cat fish that freaked out at the boat on 6lb line...go figure?

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:15 pm

Which lake is that in GA?
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:38 am

Clarks Hill or strom thurmond...depends on if you're on the carolina or georgia side as what you call it

Basshead
bass level

Nice Cat

Postby Basshead » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:53 pm

I bet he fought well. I can see why your red eye shad does well there. With all those blueback herring as forage, theres some monsters in that lake. Good luck with your tourny fishing.
All or Nothing

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:15 am

He fought really well! When I first hooked him he fought like a bass too. He came up almost as if he was gonna jump, but then I saw a little bit different color when he flashed and was hoping that maybe it was just off color because the most of the bass were deep and were just started to move shallow due to a warm week of weather. But one he was closer to the boat he didn't feel like a bass.

Can't wait for the blueback herring spawn that should be comming in the next few weeks...well usually about two weeks after most of the bass spawn. The bass on these blueback lakes almost exclusively feed on bluebacks so they don't relate to structure as well and it can make bass fishing tough..especially for the better quality bass. But once the bluebacks spawn the bass are malnurished from their spawn and the go crazy! (From what I've heard/read)

Take it easy guys good luck out there..still miss hawaii and lake wilson!

And I haven't found a forum for my local bodies of water that is even as close to as good as this one! Nobody out here shares ANY INFO :) I guess there isn't much Aloha spirit :)

Return to “Fishing Reports”