fishing help.

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

adpetree
bass level

fishing help.

Postby adpetree » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:25 pm

So, as stated before, I just moved here two weeks ago. the majority of my tackle and gear have not made it here just yet, so i only have my spinning outfit, and a few lures, but i've got the itch to go fishing......BAD. my question is this.......would it even be worth it to try fishing Lake Wilson off the shore?? ive been to the freshwater park just to look, but will i even catch anything?? also, what about stream fishing?? where is Nu'uanu stream? is it a long hike? any help would be appreciated, i have a long weekend this week, and just want to catch some dang fish!!!!!!
Thanks,

Adam

OO7:BASSINASSASSIN
King Sushi level

fishing from the bank

Postby OO7:BASSINASSASSIN » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:34 pm

Imo, fishing from the bank is pretty good. If you are into largemouth bass it is better to fish from a boat. On the other hand, I think fishing for peacockbass from the bank is easier than fishing from a boat. My friends who own boats disagree, but either way you can catch a lot. Also keep in mind a lot of boat guys park their boats on shore and fish for peacockbass so that is just like bank fishing to me. Fishing at the ramp is on and off, I hardly fish there. Up in the mountain streams there are mostly stunted smallmouthbass. Ho'omaluhia has some nice size smallmouths but I do not what the rules are for fishing there.

JChen
master baiter level

Postby JChen » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:29 pm

Adpetree,
What unit are you with and how's your work schedule this week?

adpetree
bass level

Postby adpetree » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:33 pm

Im in 2/3, and i dont have to be to work until wednesday morning.
Thanks,

Adam

Return to “General Discussion”