Good To Be Back

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

tucmaster
master baiter level

Good To Be Back

Postby tucmaster » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:25 am

Home repair/improvement is still taking up much of my weekends. But after seeing Stan's recent report of rising water levels, I just had to get away to the lake, even for just a few hours. I didn't have enough time to fish my usual tuc spot, so yesterday afternoon I took my son and a bucket of live bait beneath the steep, tree-shaded shoreline near the boat ramp (as you face the lake, to the right-hand side). When we got under the trees, we immediately saw two good-sized tucs cruising in the shadows. My son hooked up to and broke off the bigger one around 4 lbs. - not easy fighting a fish with low tree branches overhead. We didn't see many tucs while we were there, probably eight at most, but we did manage to land and release a couple of 3 lb. and a couple of 2 lb. fish before it was time to leave.

A couple of hours of much needed "therapy". A so-so day of fishing is still better than a good day at work. Good luck and good fishing.

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:45 am

Can your son take us fishing? Sounds like he has it wired. You need to get a small camera so we can share in his adventure. LOL

I guess the peacock bass have adjusted to the high water and are back to eating again.

Stan
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

tucmaster
master baiter level

Good To Be Back

Postby tucmaster » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:48 pm

Sorry, we didn't bother bringing the camera on this trip. But here's a January photo of him at the same spot (boat ramp in the background) with a 20-inch tuc a bit over 5 lbs. Many of the larger tucs that hang around the boat ramp area have been hooked before and are well-educated, but with patience can usually be coaxed into taking a live bait. Rods are always held in hand for immediate hooksets to avoid gut-hooked fish. This one was released in good health.

skunked
King Sushi level

Postby skunked » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:35 pm

HO, nice fish! I have stood in that exact spot many times and seen quite a few tucs, but never got one to bite. Good job! I miss fishing. Haven't been out in several weeks. Boo!
Fishing is fun only if you do it for fun.Image www.texassidewinderrods.com

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:48 pm

You should send that picture to Chuck at the Hawaii Fishing News ( fishnews@hawaii.rr.com )
for the Holo Holo Page. Nice Fish.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Return to “General Discussion”