I Stepped Over The North Fork

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

I Stepped Over The North Fork

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:51 pm

Sad but true. With little rainfall to replenish the lake, the main contributary to Lake Wilson, the north fork, has dwindled down to a mere trickle. At one secret spot, the entire north fork bottle-necked down to this small flow, which I stepped over in one step. I'm ready for some rain!

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:46 am

The 60ft marker on Boy Scout peninsula was just poking out of the water on Saturday. With 8 slats showing. So by now it should be fully exposed with 10 slats showing. It's been dropping at roughly 1 slat a day if you gauge by the ramp. I forget how many slats before mud but by this weekend launching a larger boat may become quite difficult.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:10 am

Last year I launched when about 13 slats were showing. I've got 4wd so I'm not as concerned as others.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:49 pm

yep that will help for sure............... long as theres water to put the boat in hahaha

Return to “General Discussion”