Fine Tuning Largemouth Skills!

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Fine Tuning Largemouth Skills!

Postby Filthyfisherman » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:12 am

So I brought the New Kona Coffee lures with me over to Pennsylvania to test on this trip!!!! My home field fishing ground growing up.. TOP 5 biggest Lake in PA... Lake Nockamixon is known to be the Hardest Place in PA to catch a BASS!!!!! On tuesday this week I opened a can on this LAKE!!!!!!!!! After fine tuneing my ShakeyHead skills in Hawaii,, I brought what I have learned to PA!!! Shakeyheading a Strike King 3/16oz head with My FF 6" Treat worm in GreenPumpkin Color I was fishing a ledge 15-35-to 75 ft of water!!!! In about 30ft I got a bite, thinking I am snagged I pull up and fight a HAWG 5-6lbs LM bass!!! Cast later I pull up another good fish3-4lbs??? I need a decent scale i Know!!! Then with the recent Rain we've been getting I wanted to try my NEW 4" creature!!!! with a 1/4oz bullet and 3/0 EWG hook I flipped some wood and WOW,,, A 6-7lbs LM and another 3-4lbs Bass..... The rest of the day I shakeyheaded and flipped wood!!! Landed 10 Bass!!!! My most ever at that Lake!!!!!! ADDED two more +5lbs Bass to my reptoire this year!!!! Looking forward to getting back and MAKING MORE KONA COFFEE LURES!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone here is SOLD on my new Ingrediant!!!!!!! Filthy

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:31 am

That's a nice sack! Too bad you fishing a tourny, you would have probably won some cash!
Are you putting the coffee scent in all of your baits?

I like the sk caffine shads because of the coffee scent. I guess its one of the better scents at masking smells like sunscreen and stuff (which I have to use a lot of due to my fair skin). And it definately beats the smell of dead crawfish scents which ultimately wear off. Plus its refreshing to open a bag of baits and not get punched in the face with a rank smell!

I tried getting on your page yesterday to order some baits but it was acting funny, probably just my internet.
Luck is when opportunity and skill meet.

Return to “General Discussion”