WTB Fishing Tournament

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

WTB Fishing Tournament

Postby Stan Wright » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:52 pm

:D
Here are some pictures I took at the WTB Fishing Tournament...
Well, 90 pictures.
To see all 90 pictures click on this...
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater

"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:44 am

I've gotta say, I had a great time. What better way to spend a day than fishing, especially with our soldiers. Big mahalos going out to Chris Baires and all the peeps who made this a reality. I really do appreciate your efforts. I think there were about 24 boats who participated. I didn't even think there were 24 boats that even fished the lake. That speaks volumes of our freshwater fishermen. I can say I'm proud to be a part of the freshwater fishermen who made this happen and the HFFA who sponsored this event. My soldier and I took 6th place. Nice to walk away with a new rod & reel.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:29 pm

Sounds like it was an awesome day. What was the final weight that won it? I wish I was still stationed in Hawaii so I could have participated! I fished a similar type event with the Paralyzed Veterans of America and it was awesome. I drew a Marine who served in Viet Nam and was paralyzed from the waist down. It was really cool to take him out and fish for two days. Taking them to do something that someone in that situation really can't do very often. There was a whole lot of support from the community including the active duty stationed at Ft. Gordon in Augusta, Ga just lie what you guys had out there.

I know all the Soldiers who you guys took out really appreciate the work you guys put into the event and I'm sure most of them had a blast...win or lose. I bet it also probably sparked a few guys interest in bass fishing and maybe gives them a hobby/pasttime they can enjoy for the rests of their lives.

I had always loved fishing as a kid, but that first tournament I fished when I was 14 sent my "obsession" :) over the edge. I will always be grateful for my friend Bill (who worked with my dad at the time) for taking me fishing, teaching me how to bass fish and taking me to tournamnts all over the southwest before I was even 16. I bet at least one of you guys had the effect on one of those Soldiers and that is awesome!
Luck is when opportunity and skill meet.

Return to “General Discussion”