Rod Repairs

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Rod Repairs

Postby Filthyfisherman » Fri May 04, 2012 6:56 am

So Yesterday while Drop Shotting with the Stand Out hooks, It over reeled and broke the ceramic in the tip... The Reason I use the Skeet Reese Rods by the way is the LIFE TIME GUARANTEE!! Not cause Skeet is my fav angler! But sometimes when u break something simple like this,, They want you to brake the rod in half and ship!!!! No lie!!! So its a good skill to learn to try yourself and save money. The cost for supplys is low... This also gives you the oppertunity to customize your equitment!!! I will replace this guide with a better Fuji ALCONITE Tip,,,,,,, The Tip is simple,,, I cut the clear coat between the metal n the wrapping,,, heat the metal tip with a lighter, not too hot, don't want damage the graphite in blank,, Twist the tip, u'll notice as u heat up, the tip will get easier to twist, side to side,, until u can pull it off... Then I matched up the size on a Fuji size chart (Bass Pro) I got cheap,,, Now I go to GuidesnBlanks.com!!!! There are many other Rod Component co's.. Pick the guide you want,,, They ship it quick, comes in simple envelope. Now you use Rod tip glue (Its Cheap) heat it with a lighter until it comes clear, dab it on the blank, slide the new tip on, line it up, wipe off excess,, Now Flex Coat is an Awesome product!!! I think the S-Glass tech in My Rods, is basically the graphite blank coated with this stuff!!!!!!! You mix a LITTLE bit up, 50-50 mix, and apply with a Kids Water paint brush... Now the tip on this rod doesn't need rerapping.. But a running guide in middle would, I might touch up the tip too....

So anyone needing rod repair, I can do it... just let me know,, reasonable pricing,, plus I now have couple supply co's I have been getting from now,, quick service!!!!

Stan caught a Big TUC yesterday by the Way,,, A very impressive catch!! 4lbs test, NO REEL! Epic fight, around his boat a couple times! Around My boat! And then it standed off with us,,,, until it finally came up for me to net!!!!!

fish4fun
master baiter level

Postby fish4fun » Fri May 04, 2012 8:57 am

Any pix of the tuc

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Fri May 04, 2012 7:17 pm

And here all this time I have been going down to Brian's Fishing Supply and paying him to replace all the rod tip guides I've cracked or broken off. :lol:
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Return to “General Discussion”