:lol: :lol: :lol:

What can I say?

http://www.kistlerrods.com/fishing-rod/ ... ge208.html

Lake Wilson Largemouth.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:10 am

I say its a waste of 4 other hooks! He could have caught 4 more fish! But the one that he did catch looks pretty healthy!
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Postby Filthyfisherman » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:28 pm

So far for what have learned.... The larger 4" Shadlious from Strike King in blue shad or sexy shad have been the most productive.... The 3" is good as well, but haven't got the bites of the bigger size.... A bullet style jighead in size 1/2oz two bottom lures, with the rest 3/8oz has been my setup.... over $30!!! over 2oz throwing around all Day!!! I use 8' Wright & McGill Flipping Rod with 65lbs braid on 5:3:1... For a 1/4oz bullet setup, I use Wright & McGill 7'6" swimbait/carolina rod with 17lbs P Line Halo 6:4:1... I haven't had much time thorwing 1/4oz to 1/8 smaller stuff yet... But as you can see,,,, it works... I have some other style jig heads to try out... Thinking about making hollow belly 4" and 3" swimbaits... .. Important for us to stay up to speed with the A Rig..... It's become a big part of Bass Fishing!!!! I have the Hummingbird 576 Di now Down Imageing.... Getting some good pictures of the bottom!!!!!!!!! Thinking about making Filthyfishermen Maps of Lake Wilson showing topograph, Hot Spots, structure...etc... Gotta get the Navionics chip for W North America... Does anyone know if Lake wilson is on it???

djverve05
master baiter level

Postby djverve05 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:24 pm

I do love that Alabama rig. I believe once the Tucs come off of their spawn it will be a killer especially when they are schooling on the bait fish.

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:35 am

Best jig heads I've found for the a rig a 1/8th darter heads. It's semi easy to cast with thoses. There a few companies that make the 1/8th oz darter heads with 3/0 hooks. I've set my a rigs up a few ways but I like it the best with 1/8oz jig heads so far. I've tried the 3/8 jwill jig heads and by the time you have everything on there it's a beast to cast even on a 7.5ft heavy action rod. I did find that my old abu garcia ambassador is the best reel I own to throw the a rig as well. The round baitcasters aren't as comfortable and don't have the high gear ratios but they have A LOT more torque.

You guys may want to look into trying out the reaction innovations skinny dippers and little dippers on the a rig or even rigged singly on either a 1/8th darter or the strike king shakey head jig (both provide the swim bait with a really nice wobble to go along with the baits tail action. I haven't told anyone about how awesome they are out here because it's my secret :) the only issues with the darter heads is they aren't great for comming through wood.

Filthyfisherman,

That down imaging is pretty amazing isn't it!?
I got the humminbird 898si/di a few months ago and it may be one of the best fishing purchaces I've made! Plus my unit is compatible with the new humminbird 360...but that will be a ways off unless I win the money in a tourney!
Luck is when opportunity and skill meet.

Ahnkochee
King Sushi level

Postby Ahnkochee » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:33 am

I'm not taking any chances with the DLNR Nazis and their SS enforcement goon squad. Bad enough they invent reasons to harass honest fishermen, I don't need to give them more fuel. :?

Wahiawa Fishing Regulations:
http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/dar/regulated_ar ... ml#wahiawa

Permitted
To fish with hook-and-line with not more than one lure or baited hook or two artificial flies attached to a single line, provided that on weekends and holidays only one line may be used, and on weekdays other than holidays two lines may be used.
ImageIllegitimus Non CarborundumImage

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Postby Filthyfisherman » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:49 am

DLNR also used to say NO MORE THAN 1 Rod on a boat too....... Wasn't until later they realized weren't using them all at once..... DLNR needs to work with the fisherman to adjust rules to compensate to make fishing good... The rule 1 lure per line needs to be adjusted.. I love tandem soft jerk bait setup.. And in a little time,,, The Bass Biologist will be handing his report to the DLNR!! This report will explain the possiblities of Bass Fishing here at Lake Wilson.. Lake Wilson will bring TOURIST $,,, A LOT of $.... And the DLNR doesn't know that yet..... Bass Fishing is still young here... Unknown!! As soon as it is discovered,,, We will have to adjust again! More ramps, fishing spots, parking, walking trails, maybe slot limits, etc..... But as far as us Wilson Regulars!! We are the only true connection DLNR have to Wilson. As we now see them on the lake recording catch rates... Things will need to b adjusted again... THe A Rig has changed the game,, The game needs to be upgraded here in Hawaii,, or we will be left behind.. Meaning,, Japanese, Chinese, Canadian,all tourist won't be intrested in spending money bass fishing in Hawaii.... But if we continue to make Wilson the best we can,,, THEY WILL COME!!!! And $ Will Come!!!! DLNR won't turn down $! I talked to James Hall from Bassmaster Mag the other day.. He's returning to stay with me and writing another article!!! We are going to put Hawaii on the Bass Fishing map!!!!! And he conitinues to ask me what he can do to help??? I am thinking of having him write a letter to DLNR to explain the possibilities... DLNR has to work with us,,, adjust rules to help us out!! Just taking a minute on my soap box.. LOL! DLNR is a public office. We have the last say! And if we are turned down. Come Election time,, we vote for the guy that'll help us out... Simple politics

And I wouldn't say DLNR are nazis.. LOL... There alright.. Even the law enforcement officer, wearing the Oakley's driving around in the explorer... He seems to be pretty cool, Gave me warning for Manu, now he's service dog haven't seen him again.. But seems pretty nice n fair... I just think we have to get rules adjusted. They don't know how it'll help anglers out so much,, And The Only Bass Fishing Company on the islands Filthtyfishermen Bait Co. We are looking to sell jig heads and looking into Hollow belly swims... And if we get it legal, A rigs...
Last edited by Filthyfisherman on Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ahnkochee
King Sushi level

Postby Ahnkochee » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:12 am

$299.95 for a rod WAY beyond this unemployed blue-collar worker's means.
ImageIllegitimus Non CarborundumImage

Return to “General Discussion”