Bass Boat Projects

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

KIA68
master baiter level

Bass Boat Projects

Postby KIA68 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:56 am

I started fishing lake wilson from shore when I was in intermediate school, then bought a blow up raft (which I actually tied to the top of my car to get to the boat ramp), then bought a 10ft aluminum piece of crap, then a 14ft fiberglass GameFisher, and now this 16ft something?? (not sure what type of boat this is??). It's now time to try and turn my new boat into something decent! I guess with the slow fishing this is the perfect time to start working on it.

Here are a few pictures of the boats I had and what I did to them.

Boat #1 (10ft Aluminum)
BEFORE
DURING
AFTER

Boat #2 (14ft GameFisher)
BEFORE
AFTER

Now the new project! (16ft ..type??)
BEFORE

I hope to get this done by the end of March and I can't wait to get bak out there :lol:

Jesse
bass level

Postby Jesse » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:51 pm

you got some work to do :P I'll keep a eye out for outboards.

leebarbie
bait level

Postby leebarbie » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:00 pm

Hi there, I have an aluminum boat which I used for fishing in summer. I am facing some problem with my boat and i am here looking for boat repair technician. Can anyone let me know where I can find a good technician?

boat repair

KIA68
master baiter level

Postby KIA68 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:06 am

What kind of problems are you having?

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:01 pm

May be an old ranger...the graphic looks rangerish to me.

That things gonna be a lot of work. But it will be well worth it when you're done!

I've seen a few people who restored bass boats and instead of carpet went with rhino/lava liner. I guess it does a couple things. Heard it can make it a little more stable because of the weight(not sold on this idea). Also it cuts down on noise transmitted to the water(that I bet is true) and thrid is kinda of a no brainer but clean up is easier and you could use it in salt water withought destroying the carpet as quickly.

With a whole bunch of love and care that thing could be one of the sweetest rigs on lake wilson!

Looking forward to seeing pictures as you go!

Return to “General Discussion”