The Acme CastMaster

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

The Acme CastMaster

Postby Stan Wright » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:32 am

:D
Back in the days when I was on the "Let's Go Fishing" show (1978 I think it was) Mike Sakamoto and I were fishing the shoreline in Kona for Moana ( Little goat fish) I took several snapshots of the fish and of Mike fishing along the shore. I took one picture of my hand holding 3 little gold CastMaster lures. When we did the TV show, I showed the snapshots... the one of my hand holding the lures was not on the screen for more than 10 seconds. The whole story wasn't more than a minute or so.

That was on a Sunday at 5:00 PM. Every fishing store in Honolulu was sold out of Gold CastMasters by noon on Monday. Alice at Izuo Brothers called and ask that if I was going to "show any lures on TV"... next time please give them a few weeks notice so they could send stocks to all the fishing stores.
By Tuesday there was not a CastMaster lure to be had in the state of Hawaii...

That was the day I realized the "Power of Television"... and that I better be very careful in the future of what I said, I showed, or I did.
:shock: :shock: :shock:
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:33 pm

Yep, thats typical fishermen for ya! 8)
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

shanai
King Sushi level

The Acme Castmaster

Postby shanai » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:16 pm

It's a good thing that we can now get ( secret ) lures and other stuff from on-line stores fairly quickly. Ordering things now is a lot faster than trying to complete a catalog order and mailing it in, especially when one is looking for golden colored ( secret ) lures that work one eighth of the time.

I also hear that fishermen are green/silver with envy over a certain krocodile ( secret ) lure that works wonders in saltwater for cuda's, especially well one fourth of the time.

:shock:

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Postby Filthyfisherman » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:42 pm

I am a green/silver on castmasters for bass and trout!

Ahnkochee
King Sushi level

Postby Ahnkochee » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:05 am

1978 :?: That's when I graduated Kailua High! Can I call you Uncle Stan? :D
Gold Kastmasters, and chrome Krocodiles have been my confidence lures since hanabata daze whipping from He'eia Kea Pier in the mis 1960s. :wink:
ImageIllegitimus Non CarborundumImage

Return to “General Discussion”