Bass hatchery Cleanup - Sunday, February 12th

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

shanai
King Sushi level

Bass hatchery Cleanup - Sunday, February 12th

Postby shanai » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:35 am

Hi All,

We're asking for volunteers to come and help cleanup the bass hatchery grounds and facility. We will be trimming back the grass line and clearing trash and green waste and loading them into dumpsters. Bring your garden/yard tools, weed/grass cutters and gloves, or just bring yourself. We promise that this clean-up will not be as strenuous as last year. :oops:

We'll have refreshments and lunch available. Tour the hatchery and see how the bass restocking program works and meet other fishermen that are concerned about perpetuating bass fishing on Oahu.

steve :)

LMB Hatchery - Wahiawa Middle School Campus ( backside )
275 Rose Street
Wahiawa, HI 96786-2399
From California Avenue turn unto Rose Street
Sunday February 12th starting @ 9:00 until around 2:00 p.m.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:18 am

Just wondering who all is gonna help out with this clean-up. I'll be there. The purpose(s) of this clean-up is to get rid of unused/unneeded items that have sat in & around the hatchery, to prep for the ground re-surfacing in front of the hatchery, and for a more tidy appearance for an up-coming accreditation. I urge you to support the hatchery as it supports your favorite past time! 8)
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:40 pm

We got ALOT done today, even with the limited number of people who showed up. I really wished I had taken a before and after photo. We filled a Rolloff's container! Big mahalos to those who did come out and support the organization that supports all fishermen. 8)
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

medc808
bass level

Postby medc808 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:10 am

Saw some old boat batteries that need to be disposed of...we can take care of it at Battery Bills if someone can get the batteries there, we're at Ahua St & N Nimitz...message me if you need assistance.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:49 pm

I'll probably take them to the C&C dump by Schofield since its alot closer.

Return to “General Discussion”