kauai bass fishing

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Crux52
minnow level

kauai bass fishing

Postby Crux52 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:41 am

Hello everyone. I made a message earlier about bass tournaments in Kauai. But now that I am here im finding a lot places are closed off. Where are places to bass fish around here? The only info I have found is if I hire a guide to fish with me.
Arizona Kid

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:30 pm

Good luck with your quest. Most of us are on Oahu. Some have knowledge of spots on Kauai. I've heard the Wailua River has got decent fishing. Try go on Youtube and search Mark White Kauai or some similar combo. Good luck.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:37 pm

You're on Kauai, right? Check with Lehue Fishing Supply... they should be able to point you to some spots.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:29 pm

most of the big reservoirs are pvt and you need permission to fish them. even the bass club only is allowed certain weekends on the lakes. they just had their TOC on Ipo res. just about any stream at elevation has smallies in it over there, the bigger streams have lmb in them as well. a lot of the cane res have tucs. and the bigger ones have all 3 so i have heard. get into the club and you can fish when they fish, and usually share a boat with one of them. otherwise hike up into the mountains and follow the streams, cast the pools. you can't miss!!

Crux52
minnow level

Postby Crux52 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:28 am

BASSTRACKER wrote:most of the big reservoirs are pvt and you need permission to fish them. even the bass club only is allowed certain weekends on the lakes. they just had their TOC on Ipo res. just about any stream at elevation has smallies in it over there, the bigger streams have lmb in them as well. a lot of the cane res have tucs. and the bigger ones have all 3 so i have heard. get into the club and you can fish when they fish, and usually share a boat with one of them. otherwise hike up into the mountains and follow the streams, cast the pools. you can't miss!!

Thanks for the info. Do you happen to have a contact number for the bass club?
Arizona Kid

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:47 am

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Basshead
bass level

Kauai

Postby Basshead » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:50 pm

Gaining access on lakes or ponds to fish on Kauai can be difficult. You need to know the right guys. Try to contact Tom, of Toms barefoot tours. He knows every lake and pond there. Hes been around a long time.
All or Nothing

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:20 pm

had a friend from the kaui club come over christmas eve and took him out for a half day, he didn't have the contact info for the club president but said he will get it too me when he can, hopefully i can get it for you before the new tourney season starts.

Return to “General Discussion”