New HI Fisherman

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

The Reverend
bait level

New HI Fisherman

Postby The Reverend » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:09 pm

Hey guys, just arrived to the island! I am now a full-time resident, working in Waipahu.

I'm 23 years old, been fishing since I was old enough to stand. I am a salmon/steelhead junky from Oregon, go check out some of my videos at youtube.com/leakywadersfishing.

We do serious smallmouth fishing in the Umpqua and John Day rivers, I've caught largemouth from a few of the lakes around Oregon and my biggest, a 7 pounder, from Northern Cali.

I'm hoping to get with someone that really knows the lake, and maybe spend a day or two fishing so I can get tuned up on the ins and outs. Willing to share my knowledge and pay gas/food for a trip with someone in the know!

I brought a few bass rods, and also brought my bigger gear in hopes of getting into some nice surf fish, and hope to catch an Oio very soon!

Thanks and good luck fishing!

kahuna bass
King Sushi level

Postby kahuna bass » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:36 am

Hey Rev,

Welcome to the island!

In due time, you'll meet some of the kindest and wonderful anglers Hawaii has to offer. The folks that fish Lake Wilson are always friendly and always willing to help new anglers.

Though I live in the mainland, my roots is still the islands. Enjoy the peacock bass fishing!!

Mel - Kahuna bass
Darkside master baiter, almost as good as Stan!! 8)
If you ain't fish'n, you ain't have'n fun...Got fish!

Return to “General Discussion”