Tracker Grizzly 1648

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Jesse
bass level

Tracker Grizzly 1648

Postby Jesse » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:37 pm

Any one ever see a tracker grizzly? Is the quality good? I called the Bass Pro/Tracker boat center in Manteca, Ca and the sell them for $11,000 with a 40hp merc.

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:23 pm

think youd be better off with a pro 16, more bells and whistles and they sell for cheaper too, although im sure they are marked up like that grizzley from what you see in the catalogs, remember to account for the shipping cost too. check the used boat listing in iboats or ebay, often dealers have some great deal if you worried about buying used. i got my first rig from oregon and paid a guy 200$ to drive it to tacoma to get it to the dock. alot of hassel and coordination but spent alot less for the boat. it coast me about 4-5 grand total shipping included for a real fiberglass bassboat wit ha 150 blackmax on it, too much boat for wilson, its now on kaui making its owner money in the tourneys hahaha

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:27 pm

I'd also opt for searching Craigslist on Oahu. Bassboats pop up every now and then. It worked out great for me. I know someone who may be selling a Tracker Tadpole soon. Old boat but breat for our lake.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:00 pm

I got an aluminum boat because they are lighter. Doesn't need as large an engine or electric motor.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Jesse
bass level

Postby Jesse » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:00 pm

I also like that they are light and won't feel as bad beating it up.

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:15 pm

For wilson an aluminum boat is perfect! I would also suggest getting a tracker pro 16 or something similar. They are already set up with the basic things for bass fishing. Also, if you aren't planning on leaving Hawaii i'd go with the smallest outboard that it comes with to help save some money. It's not like you need much HP for wilson anyway. From my experience i'd also suggest getting what you really want in the first place as that is less expensive than wanting to upgrade shortly after.

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:47 pm

So more of my thoughts :)

I'd also suggest the pro 16 with a 20hp 4 stoke merc website says that'll go 22-24mph probably more like 18-22 with people and gear but speed is of no concern on wilson. Would probably only fish 2 people comfortably but is rated for 3 people. Doesn't have much storage but it does have a livewell which is nice for livebait and if you decided to fish the HFFA tournaments. They start at $7,995 with the 20hp, $9,495 for the 30hp and as long as you rinse your trailer really well and flush your motor you could eveb drop it into the flats at kbay or the canal and fish. easy way to rinse your boat and trailer is, after you're done in the saltwater..head over to wilson submerge your trailer and run your motor a little bit and should be good to go. Probably would take a toll on the carpet after while if you didn't rinse that off as well. Doesn't look like the pro 16 model is in the 2012 line up, seems the pro 165 was down graded to take it's place. But is a little more expsive, but it has more storage(and I love storage!)

Just checked out the nitro website, glad I got my z8 when I did, the 2012 model with the same motor jumped up $2,000! And at first glance doesn't seem like they changed anything from the 2011 model! I knew not listening to my wife to wait was a good idea :)

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:05 am

Also check out DHX for shipping out of Seattle or Portland. Less expensive than Matson.

Jesse
bass level

Postby Jesse » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:04 pm

I wanted to customize it kind of like this. http://www.thehulltruth.com/boats-sale- ... oat.html#b

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:23 pm

:D
Be sure to add more rod storage than you think you'll need...
Then add some more.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”