Hatchery Fish Release / Tournament

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Hatchery Fish Release / Tournament

Postby Stan Wright » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:54 am

HFFA is releasing fish from its Wahiawa Hatchery into Lake Wilson on Sunday, August 28, 2011. In appreciation for everyones help with HFFA's hatchery maintenance project in June, HFFA is inviting those who helped to participate in a fishing tournament on that date.

So, all you guys who helped out on the hatchery clean up day, mark your calendars for Sunday, August 28, 2011! We will meet at 8:00 AM at the HFFA Hatchery on the Ewa side of the Wahiawa Middle School campus, 275 Rose Street, Wahiawa, HI, 96786.

If you're interested, please RSVP to Lance by August 21st.

Tournament Format:

Two-angler teams, pairing us TUHI folks with an HFFA member. Three fish limit. $10/Boat into the tournament kitty, winner-take-all.

Please RSVP directly to Lance Marugame at the e-mail address below by August 21, 2011. A head count is extremely important to assure that enough boats will be made available for tournament teams.

lmmarugame@hotmail.com

Here's a link to the Hawaii Freshwater Fishing Association's web page:

http://sites.google.com/site/hffa808/

Again, please RSVP to Lance Marugame (lmmarugame@hotmail.com) by August 21st.

Hi Stan,
It's me Lance I was wandering if you could inform the other people who were at the WMS fish hatchery clean-up day, and invite them to the fish release/ fishing tournament on August 28. I realized that there were some people other than HFFA and Trout Unlimited who participated mostly due to your website. So if you can invite those indivisuals thru your website it would be greatly appreciated. If you need more info email me.
Mahalo....Lance
HFFA

"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:22 am

I'll be there. Pairing up a good cause with another good time was a great idea! 8)
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Crash
King Sushi level

Postby Crash » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:09 am

I plan on attending my first TUHI meeting on 8/17. If anyone has a back seat available for this tournament I'll be happy to pay my fair share.
Crash

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:53 pm

Maybe someone could inquire about a "Hawaiian lunker program" where people with the means to keep a fish alive could bring 4lb plus fish(or whatever size they would prefer) up to the hatchery.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:23 pm

Ca_Bass wrote:Maybe someone could inquire about a "Hawaiian lunker program" where people with the means to keep a fish alive could bring 4lb plus fish(or whatever size they would prefer) up to the hatchery.

I've already talked to the Middle School Hatchery about that very thing. Good thinking Alec! 8) We're gonna finalize some details and we'll put the word out that if someone catches a 5+ lb. LMB, they will be able to contact certain people who will respond and take custody of the lunker.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:57 pm

Don't worry Crash, with your cooking skills, guys will be offering up their spare seats and bringing a grill for the back deck to! Seriously, we will all get paired up at the Middle School in the AM.

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Awesome!

Basshead
bass level

Hatchery Lunkers

Postby Basshead » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:18 pm

A couple of years ago, I was able to deliver a 6 lb plus and a 8.5 oz bass to the hatchery. I contacted James prior to bringing it up to the hatchery. Give him a call and Im sure he will be able to accomidate your catch.

Transton
bait level

Postby Transton » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:15 pm

I'm new here to Hawaii. This group of freshwater fisherman seems pretty small and if the HFFA needs any help with anything please feel free to contact me. I'll do whatever I gotta do to keep these fish going to keep this amazing sport in Hawaii.
"You're not holdin your mouth right" - Grandpa VanEtten

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:47 am

Freshwater fishing is not very popular here since we are totally surrounded by saltwater. The Hawaii Freshwater Fishing Association are a good bunch of guys who do way more for our lake than meets the eye. Check out their website and maybe even attend one of their meetings. They meet the last Wednesday of every month at Dot's Restaurant in Wahiawa.

HFFA website link: https://sites.google.com/site/hffa808/home

Return to “General Discussion”